Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JT 4 Office

Pioneer
Pioneer

I have just installed 'JT 4 Office' (running Office 2016 & Windows 7) but when I load a 'HTML' file (of the JT file) i don't get any preview ect in the 'JT 4 Office'  Add-In dialog. I do get the full list of 'Model Views', but no visible geometry.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

R.

8 REPLIES 8

Re: JT 4 Office

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Not sure.

Any chance you can zip up the jt file and the html for us to look at?  It could be there is data in the Jt file that is not supported by the underlying viewer we are using.

Rick

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi,

Just returning to basics and tried the out of the box JT file 'floorjack.jt' which ships with the JT2Go examples, generated a html file, but still not visible in the 'Jt 4 Office' Add-in.

Just been checking the obvious stuff:-

Java:- 1.8 (1.8.0_171 to be exact)

Cheers,

R.

Siemens Phenom

Thanks for the additional info.

There is likely a compatability issue.  The viewer in the JT 4 Office add-in is likely older than the utility being used to create the html page in JT2Go 11.4.   I will have someone look at this tomorrow.  Chances are we just need to update the add-in with a newer version of the viewer.

Pioneer
Pioneer

Following some more 'back to basic's testing' it seems that a HTML file generated from JT2GO (11.4.0) will launch into 'MS Internet Explorer (11.0.9) but does not display any geometry.

Cheers,

R.

Siemens Phenom

On my test machine, I installed JT2Go 11.4.0.5 (Help->About - version is 11.4.0.20180530.01) (available on the JT2Go web site or via the auto update feature of JT2Go and was able to load the floorjack, generate an HTML page, and load it with no problem into IE (11.0.60) and into JT 4 Office (see attached) image.

I am going to try this on a clean VM to see if I see the same results - will get back to you later this morning.

Siemens Phenom

So I was able to generate an HTML page on my VM, and then loaded it into IE 11 (11.0.20) - I had to allow blocked content. 

A couple of things for you to try. 

In JT 4 Office, using the Load button, try loading a sample into the viewer - does that work?

In IE, go to our JT Showcase at:  https://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/jt_showcase/jt_showcase.shtml, and select the "Web" link on one of the examples there - does that load in IE?

Pioneer
Pioneer

success! Smiley Happy

I reinstalled IE (default settings) and took several windows 7 updates, and it seems to have done the trick.

Many thanks for your help

R

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

I am not able to find the "JT 4 Office" download.

Where to find it now ?