Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assemblies in JT2GO

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello, 

I'm new with JT2GO and when I try to open an assembly it seems to open only the assembly file. I don't see any of the components.

Thank you

Thank you for your reply

Eric Ferland
NX10 user
7 REPLIES

Re: Assemblies in JT2GO

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

If the Workspace window tree tab shows a Box with a gray check and expanding the structure shows Red X's in it, then you don't have the assembly jt set up correctly.  If your assembly is named "MyAssembly", then there will be a MyAssembly.jt and then a MyAssembly directory (at the same location as the .jt file) that contains the jt components of the assembly. 

If gray check and red X's are not present in the tree, did you try RMB in the viewer and doing an "All On" or checking the top level box of the assembly in the tree?

Rick

Pioneer
Pioneer

I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to explain, but here's a screen shot of my JT2GOjt2go.PNG

Thank you

Thank you for your reply

Eric Ferland
NX10 user

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

That is interesting. 

Can you 7-zip the Jt assembly and send it to me, so I can try loading it myself?

Rick

Pioneer
Pioneer

I will send you something on monday.

Thanks a lot for helping!

Thank you for your reply

Eric Ferland
NX10 user

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi,

I found the problem, it was the export JT options that were not set-up properly.

Thank you for your reply

Eric Ferland
NX10 user

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Could you mention the incorrect and correct export settings for anyone finding this topic in the future?

Kind regards,

Thomas Musters, Virtual Reality development for Design & Engineering, ASML

Production: {NX9, VisMockup, Unity}

Development: {C#, Java, VB} Testing: {-none-}

Pioneer
Pioneer

Unfortunately, I can't tell what the wrong settings are, since the JT files are generated automatically everytime I save, an this was configured by our NX team, which is in another country.

I generated the Jt files manually with the default settings, and it worked fine.

Thank you for your reply

Eric Ferland
NX10 user

What is JT?

JT is the World’s Most Widely Used 3D File Format for PLM

JT is the common language of PLM and is the world’s most widely used 3D format. JT is the first ISO International Standard ( IS 14306-1) for 3D visualization and collaboration. Compact and accurate, JT is used throughout the product development lifecycle in all major industries to communicate the critical design information typically locked up inside a CAD file.

Siemens PLM Software customers rely on JT to be the most robust 3D visualization format available.

JT Open Factsheet
JT Open Member Resources
JT Open Documentation Technology
JT Open File Format Technology
JT Open Toolkit

Downloadable viewers for Windows Desktop, Windows 10 Universal App, Android and iOS.

Download JT2Go for your platform today Download JT2Go Desktop 64 Bit all languages
Download JT2Go Desktop 32 Bit for English
Windows 10 JT2Go Universal App
Android JT2Go
iOS JT2Go