Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does JT2Go work on Windows 8.1

Creator
Creator
Hello,

We were running JTTOGo 9.1 on a surface pro running windows8 with no issues.
Upgraded to 8.1 and now we get the error "VFFrame Version 10.1 32 Bit has stopped working".
Does anyone know if windows 8.1 is supported and if so what do I need to do to get it working.
Going back to windows 8 is an option but I would prefer not to wipe and reinstall the OS.

Regards
Jurgen Kreisel
Weber Manufacturing Technologies Inc.
2 REPLIES

Re: Does JT2Go work on Windows 8.1

Siemens Pioneer Siemens Pioneer
Siemens Pioneer
I have been using JT2Go on my Surface Pro with Windows 8.1 with no issues. Could you please try uninstalling it and reinstalling fresh from the Windows Store to see if that addresses the issue.

Re: Does JT2Go work on Windows 8.1

Creator
Creator
Hello xzbjgb,

Thank you for the information but it seems that the JT2Go from the windows store is different from the actual windows version you get directly from Siemens.
The app does not have the same functionality as the full windows version does.
The full windows version does work on windows 8 but on windows 8.1 you get the error "VFFrame Version 10.1 32 Bit has stopped working" and it crashes.

What is JT?

JT is the World’s Most Widely Used 3D File Format for PLM

JT is the common language of PLM and is the world’s most widely used 3D format. JT is the first ISO International Standard ( IS 14306-1) for 3D visualization and collaboration. Compact and accurate, JT is used throughout the product development lifecycle in all major industries to communicate the critical design information typically locked up inside a CAD file.

Siemens PLM Software customers rely on JT to be the most robust 3D visualization format available.

JT Open Factsheet
JT Open Member Resources
JT Open Documentation Technology
JT Open File Format Technology
JT Open Toolkit

Downloadable viewers for Windows Desktop, Windows 10 Universal App, Android and iOS.

Download JT2Go for your platform today Download JT2Go Desktop 64 Bit all languages
Download JT2Go Desktop 32 Bit for English
Windows 10 JT2Go Universal App
Android JT2Go
iOS JT2Go