cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error stating : "The program used to create this object is package" when adding JT file to Word

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello everybody,

I am having a problem when using the JT2GO application v10.1 when attempting to add a ".jt" file to a Word document.

Indeed, an error message is stating : "The program used to create this object is package".

Installation was done silently with the Office add-ons (our company requires such install methods) and no error occurred during the whole process.

Also, I confirm that I can see the additional "Teamcenter" ribbon within the Microsoft Word interface and that each command is responding properly.
I can open any ".jt" file from JT2GO but as mentioned above, the only problem is when I try to add a ".jt" content (through a drag and drop from Windows Explorer to Microsoft Word for instance).

Have you ever encountered such an issue in the past ?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Fred

7 REPLIES

Re: Error stating : "The program used to create this object is package" when adding JT fil

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hi,

Yes, we have seen this issue in the past.

Some questions:

Do you have any other Siemens Visualization products installed, like Teamcenter Visualization, XpresReview, SolidEdge View and Markup, PLMVis, etc?

What locale are you running in?

Have you had any prior versions of  JT2Go installed on this machine?

Is this reproducible on any other machines, or is it specfic to this one?

If another user logs into the machine, can they drag/drop into Word and have it work?

What version of Microsoft Word are you using, and is it 32 or 64-bit?

Thanks,

Rick

Re: Error stating : "The program used to create this object is package" when adding JT fil

Creator
Creator

Hello Rick,

Thank you for your reply.

No, in fact I have also tested the application by installing it on a fresh PC without any other industrial application installed on it and I get the same error message.

Next, I will try to do my best to reply to your questions below :

Do you have any other Siemens Visualization products installed, like Teamcenter Visualization, XpresReview, SolidEdge View and Markup, PLMVis, etc?

No, only JT2GO installed on a Test PC.

What locale are you running in?

I could not locate any relevant environment variable but what I can tell you is that the locale for language is French, actually.

Have you had any prior versions of  JT2Go installed on this machine ?

No, this is the very first time I installed the application on my Test PC (this is also the case for the end user impacted).

Is this reproducible on any other machines, or is it specfic to this one?

No, I can reproduce the issue on other machines as well ?

If another user logs into the machine, can they drag/drop into Word and have it work ?

The issue is the same, whoever logs on on the machine.

What version of Microsoft Word are you using, and is it 32 or 64-bit ?
Microsoft Word is actually in version 2010 (32 Bits) French.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Fred

Creator
Creator

Hello,

In addition to my previous post, please note that I could test something suggested by one of our end users, namely to install a Microsoft Office 64 Bits product then test a ".jt" file import into Microsoft but to no avail, unfortunately.

Anyone else has an idea on how to import ".jt" files into Microsoft Office applications such as Word ?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Fred

Siemens Legend

Fred,

Thank you for the additional information.

For one thing - you cannot use the JT2Go 10.1.x (which is only 32-bit) Office Integration (ActiveX control) with Office 64-bit - they are incompatible.

See https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Choose-the-32-bit-or-64-bit-version-of-Office-CA3253E5-AC01...

We do have a Jt2Go 64-bit version (11.2.2), but it does not contain an ActiveX control anymore.

That all said, we are investigating the original error again in JT2Go 10.1.5, as we have been able to reproduce the issue and are trying to isolate what may be causing the problem.

Rick

Creator
Creator

Hello Rick,

Thank your reply.

I awaiting the results of investigations being performed by your team, then.

Best Regards,

Fred

Siemens Legend

Creator
Creator

Hi Rick,

Thank you for this post !
This is great news indeed and I am going to test it on my side.

Best Regards,

Fred

What is JT?

JT is the World’s Most Widely Used 3D File Format for PLM

JT is the common language of PLM and is the world’s most widely used 3D format. JT is the first ISO International Standard ( IS 14306-1) for 3D visualization and collaboration. Compact and accurate, JT is used throughout the product development lifecycle in all major industries to communicate the critical design information typically locked up inside a CAD file.

Siemens PLM Software customers rely on JT to be the most robust 3D visualization format available.

JT Open Factsheet
JT Open Member Resources
JT Open Documentation Technology
JT Open File Format Technology
JT Open Toolkit

Downloadable viewers for Windows Desktop, Windows 10 Universal App, Android and iOS.

Download JT2Go for your platform today Download JT2Go Desktop 64 Bit all languages
Download JT2Go Desktop 32 Bit for English
Windows 10 JT2Go Universal App
Android JT2Go
iOS JT2Go