Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Info in HTML file generated from assembly JT

Solution Partner Experimenter Solution Partner Experimenter
Solution Partner Experimenter

Hello,

I am generating a .html file from an assembly JT with JT2Go 11.3.0 (desktop version) and then opening it with an internet browser. It shows the geometry of all the components, and I can select (graphically) any of them. But no more info about its structure, component names, attributes or PMI elements is shown.

Any chance to get this? At a minimum would be useful to show the name of the selected component. Any other jt2html translator with this functionality? Or other way to show an assembly JT with an internet browser?

Regards.

5 REPLIES

Re: Info in HTML file generated from assembly JT

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello,

for this you need JT2Go 11.2 in newer versions from JT2Go it is thrown out.

I have stored and tested this version but can not upload it here the file is near 170 MB.

Koru from "Boxshot" is also a freeware option for html.

But you can not use a JT File for Koru.

https://boxshot.com/koru/

Here an example from Version JT2Go 11.2.

But I do not like the green background so I change the colour in the text file htmlTemplate.txt.

Best Regards

Wolfgang

example_JT_HTML.jpg

Solution Partner Experimenter Solution Partner Experimenter
Solution Partner Experimenter

Hello Wolfgang,

Thanks for your help. Which version of JT2Go are you using? I was able to download and install 11.2.2 version, but in my tests, the resulting html does not show the left pannel you get. And was unable to find 11.2.3 version. Searched Siemens and the internet but no link to download. If this is the version you tested, could you please upload it and post a link? (wetransfer is easy and fast for this).

Regards,

José Manuel Gómez

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello,

if you have an FTP Server or an other online storage I can upload the JT2Go11.2 setup.
Here I can not have a limitation.

The Setup is around 170 MB.

Best Regards

Wolfgang

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

The HTML output feature is provided primarily to support our JT 4 Office Add-in, there is a blog with a video of JT 4 Office in this site and in YouTube

If there is interest in doing more with JT in Web based workflows we have a product called PLM Vis Web that can be purchased from Siemens PLM.

Mike Z

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello Mike,

JT 4 Office is a great for presentation of little html files generated with JT2Go 11.

However, the sidebar is missing after JT2Go Version 11.22 and so it is missing in Microsoft Office too.

PLMVis is a big great and massive program. If you like only to view some files in HTML and must first develop your own software is PLMVis an option yes. Nevertheless, if you try HTML (openGL) in deep and with files more than 100 MB up to more than 1000 MB you figure out that no browser and office can handle these files in a practical way.

Maybe in 3-8 years we have (normal) hardware and software to handle better 3D HTML.

By the way, if you need so much steps from example Solid Edge (JT out), to JT2Go, than to (JT) html, to add-on JT 4 Office, into Microsoft Office, you can use also some freeware to get the same result with no JT file in use.

I like so much JT2Go it is one of the best freeware viewer and helps a lot for collaboration between offices.

Only HTML, PDF and the new ribbon (visview_NG) not created for bigger files over 100 MB.

Best Regards

Wolfgang

What is JT?

JT is the World’s Most Widely Used 3D File Format for PLM

JT is the common language of PLM and is the world’s most widely used 3D format. JT is the first ISO International Standard ( IS 14306-1) for 3D visualization and collaboration. Compact and accurate, JT is used throughout the product development lifecycle in all major industries to communicate the critical design information typically locked up inside a CAD file.

Siemens PLM Software customers rely on JT to be the most robust 3D visualization format available.

JT Open Factsheet
JT Open Member Resources
JT Open Documentation Technology
JT Open File Format Technology
JT Open Toolkit

Downloadable viewers for Windows Desktop, Windows 10 Universal App, Android and iOS.

Download JT2Go for your platform today Download JT2Go Desktop 64 Bit all languages
Download JT2Go Desktop 32 Bit for English
Windows 10 JT2Go Universal App
Android JT2Go
iOS JT2Go