cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JT2GO & IOS Update

Legend
Legend

The app updated on both my iPad & iphone but neither will show an icon to "open with" from either an e-mail or from dropbox.  The "load" tool is weid as there no location to load from on ios, correct?  What is needed to show the JT 2 go icon so i can "open with" ?  I've deleted an reloaded app but still no icon.

-Craig
7 REPLIES

Re: JT2GO & IOS Update

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Thanks for the feedback.  At this time, you need to use iTunes to add the jt files to the JT2Go app.

We are looking into this issue.

Rick

Legend
Legend

Maybe I'm a bit confused here..

So for me to share a JT file with my customer they need to save a JT file to a laptop with itunes and then sync it?  No go if so. Now my customer need to sync to a laptop or PC just to get the files?

-Craig

Siemens Legend

As I stated, we are investigating.  We are making progress toward fixing this issue.

Rick

Experimenter
Experimenter

Is there a way to use or get the older rev of JT2GO app. I cant get the new rev to work properly, its sluggish or wont load, and its much more complicated to use. With the original rev I could click on a part and the tree structure would go right to it, I could turn it off or go up the tree and turn off the assembly. I want the old one back

Siemens Legend

Sorry for not replying sooner.  We updated the app a few weeks ago (hopefully you were notified) - it will now handle file associations.  Note - there are some services that do not support the file associations, like Google Drive.

Siemens Legend

Hi,

We are unable to re-post version 1.0 of the app. 

I do have a couple of questions.

What type of device are you using?

What size files are you trying to load and do you know what version of Jt they are?

Any chance that you could send us one of your files that you are having problems with?

The Help (from the settings dialog) does contain verbage on how to navigate the structure using the structure dialog.

Legend
Legend

Glad the ios app got updated!  I do wish I was notified though, (almost bought E-drawings on my PC so I could export a model and be able to see a model tree)

I have a dropbox folder I share with each customer so everyone can access JT's from devices. Works on my 6s iphone with ios 10, I'll have to check ipad when I'm home.

Thanks, Craig

-Craig

What is JT?

JT is the World’s Most Widely Used 3D File Format for PLM

JT is the common language of PLM and is the world’s most widely used 3D format. JT is the first ISO International Standard ( IS 14306-1) for 3D visualization and collaboration. Compact and accurate, JT is used throughout the product development lifecycle in all major industries to communicate the critical design information typically locked up inside a CAD file.

Siemens PLM Software customers rely on JT to be the most robust 3D visualization format available.

JT Open Factsheet
JT Open Member Resources
JT Open Documentation Technology
JT Open File Format Technology
JT Open Toolkit

Downloadable viewers for Windows Desktop, Windows 10 Universal App, Android and iOS.

Download JT2Go for your platform today Download JT2Go Desktop 64 Bit all languages
Download JT2Go Desktop 32 Bit for English
Windows 10 JT2Go Universal App
Android JT2Go
iOS JT2Go