Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JT2GO & MS Word/PDF integration

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello experts!

I need help in using JT2go for Office integration. I saw a thread saying that since 11.2, the office integration is no more supported (is that true or I misunderstood...). Actually, everytime I try to add a JT File in word, it is only shown as an icon (no embeded visualisator). Is it normal? (I would like to usethe embedded visualisator to detail further more annotations in my 3D through word file).

On the same thread, it is also said that you can now "only" add JT il a PDF file. But here, the function "Attach JT to PDF File" is not available...

My computer:

Windows 7 64b

JT2GO Desktop 11.2.3

Office 2007

Thanks a lot for your help!

5 REPLIES

Re: JT2GO & MS Word/PDF integration

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Yes, the office integration that was present in 10.1.x and prior is no longer supported in 11.2 and beyond (11.2 and beyond is 64-bit only).  If you want to use the Office Integration functionality, download the 32-bit version (10.1.5) of JT2Go from the JT2Go download site:  http://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/en_us/products/teamcenter/plm-platform-capabilities/visualizat....

The Attach JT to PDF was there initially in 11.2,but was removed in 11.2.3 at the request of Product Management. 

Rick

Experimenter
Experimenter

OK thanks a lot four your help (and confirmation). 

Just for my knowloedge: Why those functionnalities have been suprressed? As far as I work for clients using Teamcenter (and JT Conversion), there are many needs in using this kind of tool in the business process.... 

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

The Office integration was removed, because you would have had to upgrade to a 64-bit version of Microsoft Office in order to use an 11.x based Jt2Go.  As an ActiveX control would have been 64-bit and would not work in 32-bit based office products.  Also - continued use of ActiveX controls in office documents was not the direction that Microsoft wanted to see us go.

As far as the attaching Jt file to a PDF from JT2Go, it was a Product Management decision.  If you have the ability to author PDF files, you can add JT files as attachments using your PDF authoring tools.

Rick

Experimenter
Experimenter

Arf, what a shame! This means OFFICE 2010 is the last compatible version that can be used with the Office integration... 

Might be no link with JT2Go, but the Teamcenter client for Microsoft Office does not also use activeX to fill quickparts in Word Documents (those technical points are not provided in the documentation, neither on the Siemens Website). This involves potentially the same issue with OFFICE 32 bits vs 64 bits (and this is still something our clients are interested in... )

Experimenter
Experimenter

Another question on the 10.1.5. Every time I start the app, I have the display of the License Agreement. Moreover, after accepting it, a webpage pops up, redirected to http://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/en_us/products/teamcenter/plm-platform-capabilities/visualizat... (source adress is http://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/en_us/products/jt2go/register.cfm)

Is there any way to:

- Skip the license agreement display at every start (specific command in the shortcut? I did not found anything in the registry);

- Do not open the webpage (as mentioned above, noting in the registry neither...).

Thanks for your help!

What is JT?

JT is the World’s Most Widely Used 3D File Format for PLM

JT is the common language of PLM and is the world’s most widely used 3D format. JT is the first ISO International Standard ( IS 14306-1) for 3D visualization and collaboration. Compact and accurate, JT is used throughout the product development lifecycle in all major industries to communicate the critical design information typically locked up inside a CAD file.

Siemens PLM Software customers rely on JT to be the most robust 3D visualization format available.

JT Open Factsheet
JT Open Member Resources
JT Open Documentation Technology
JT Open File Format Technology
JT Open Toolkit

Downloadable viewers for Windows Desktop, Windows 10 Universal App, Android and iOS.

Download JT2Go for your platform today Download JT2Go Desktop 64 Bit all languages
Download JT2Go Desktop 32 Bit for English
Windows 10 JT2Go Universal App
Android JT2Go
iOS JT2Go