cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JT2GO iOS App - Using "Open In" feature saves multiple copies of the same model on the device

Experimenter
Experimenter

Every time I use an external App to open JT2GO with a downloaded JT file, JT2GO saves an additional copy of the file inside its internal storage location which is accessible by iTunes.  This behavior is filling up my iPad / iPhone with a bunch of old, useless copies of the same file, and I have to periodically go and erase them all, which is very annoying.

(1)

Can you make a change to the app where it overwrites any file with the same name as one passed in via "Open In"?

(2)

We are also interested in the use of iOS URL Scheme if it exists...however we have not encountered any documentation to this effect.

Thanks, and we look forward to your response as well as the hopeful changes in app behavior Smiley Happy

Joseph

7 REPLIES

Re: JT2GO iOS App - Using "Open In" feature saves multiple copies of the same model on the

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

We will look into this.

Rick

Re: JT2GO iOS App - Using "Open In" feature saves multiple copies of the same model on the

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks, looking forward to a response Smiley Happy

Experimenter
Experimenter

Please provide " iOS URL Scheme " it will be very useful feature to access from other apps. It also easy to enable in your iOS app. Waiting for this feature in the next update. Check the link for reference. 

Siemens Legend

Sorry I didn't respond sooner, and I hope that you have downloaded the latest update of Jt2Go. We resolved the issue of saving multiple copies of Jt files in the latest update a few weeks ago.

Rick

Experimenter
Experimenter
Hi RickV

Thanks for the reply, But what i really expecting is "Open In" feature via
apps we are developing or from any other apps. Not from the built in option
Safari or Mail (iOS). There is an concept called "iOS Custom URL Schemes
". That
will be very helpful for the developers to access their JT files directly
from their apps to our Siemens JT2GO. Hope you understand this, consult
with your iOS team. Awaiting for this feature in the next update.

--
With Regards

SivaRathinaMani S.K
(iOS Developer - KUTUNG)

Siemens Legend

My last response was to jojo1 and the issue reported in his initial entry on this thread.   We shall investigate the iOS Custom URL Schemes in the future.

Experimenter
Experimenter
Thanks RickV

--
With Regards

SivaRathinaMani S.K
(iOS Developer - KUTUNG)

What is JT?

JT is the World’s Most Widely Used 3D File Format for PLM

JT is the common language of PLM and is the world’s most widely used 3D format. JT is the first ISO International Standard ( IS 14306-1) for 3D visualization and collaboration. Compact and accurate, JT is used throughout the product development lifecycle in all major industries to communicate the critical design information typically locked up inside a CAD file.

Siemens PLM Software customers rely on JT to be the most robust 3D visualization format available.

JT Open Factsheet
JT Open Member Resources
JT Open Documentation Technology
JT Open File Format Technology
JT Open Toolkit

Downloadable viewers for Windows Desktop, Windows 10 Universal App, Android and iOS.

Download JT2Go for your platform today Download JT2Go Desktop 64 Bit all languages
Download JT2Go Desktop 32 Bit for English
Windows 10 JT2Go Universal App
Android JT2Go
iOS JT2Go