cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JT2Go 11.2.3 closing with Windows Appcrash

Experimenter
Experimenter

Gentlemen, we use JT2Go as external application for viewing 2D-documents like TIF from Teamcenter. During our update test from JT2Go V9 to V11.2.3 we recognized that in some cases closing the application window causes a windows appcrash error. It is not comprehensible why this error arises.

We uses OS Win7 64bit and JT2Go11.2.3 64bit

Does anyone have same problems with the current version of JT2Go?

Are there any variables for debugging to get an error log file with more informations?

9 REPLIES

Re: JT2Go 11.2.3 closing with Windows Appcrash

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Can you attach one of the files that causes a crash to this thread so we can take a look at it?  If you have a Teamcenter Visualization install, can you load the file into it?

Also - JT2Go 11.3 is being released this week.  It might not be a bad idea to upgrade once it is available to it to see if there may have been an issue in 11.2.3 that could be fixed in 11.3.

Thanks,

Rick

Experimenter
Experimenter

hello Rick,

thanks for the quick answer.

Unfortunately I cannot send you a special file because the error is not file specific. I installed the application of a couple of user workstation. If a user opens a document and close it it might happen that the error appears. If I open the document on my workstation with the same installation I don't get the error. So it seems to me that the crash ist not file specific.

I wait for the new release and test it again

Siemens Legend

The 11.3 version of JT2Go Desktop has been posted to the store.  Please try it out and see if you are still having the same issues.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Where can I get the new version V11.3 for Win7 64bit?

I installed V11.2.3 Win7 64bit with automatic update functionality.

After restart JT2Go I get a message for download new version but download doesn't work because of wrong version (C:\Program Files\Siemens\JT2Go\Products\jt2go\VisView.exe couldn't be found)

For 64bit version the filepath is ...\Products\jt2go\VisView_NG.exe

I guess the process wants to download the x86-version.

Siemens Legend

Interestingly enough, I tried going to the download site and could not download the 11.3 release - which might be the same thing you are seeing, except in the automatic update.  I am having it looked into.

Siemens Legend

The download link is back up, but the automatic update appears to be broken.  I will have development looking into this.  You can download the 64-bit version manually from www.jt2go.com.

Siemens Legend

Our website problems have all been resolved and the auto update should be working again.

If it does not, please let me know what version you currently have installed.  I had 11.2.3 installed and the update to 11.3 worked correctly.

Rick

Experimenter
Experimenter

RickV wrote:

Our website problems have all been resolved and the auto update should be working again.

If it does not, please let me know what version you currently have installed.  I had 11.2.3 installed and the update to 11.3 worked correctly.

Rick

Hi Rick,

I tested version 11.3 and it looks fine - no appcrash error appears.

But I observed another issue:

I checked the time to open TIF documents with V9.1 and V11.3.

I tested following cases:

1. open a single TIF from local directory

2. open multiple TIFs from local directory

In direct comparison the version V11.3 was significantly slower than version V9.1.

Is it possible to check that on your workstation?

Attached a ZIP-File with the test files and the results.   

Siemens Legend

I was able to see the same times as you, but it has nothing to do with the actual loading of the tif files.  If I start JT2Go and then open the files, it is very fast in both 9.1 and 11.3.  The slowdown you are seeing looks to be in the actual launch of the JT2Go application.   JT2Go is based on Teamcenter Visualization and is basically a slimmed down version of TcVis that we are able to provide free of charge, and there have been many changes to the framework which could have affected the startup time (security updates, new features added, and the new Ribbon are areas I know have been changed).

Rick

What is JT?

JT is the World’s Most Widely Used 3D File Format for PLM

JT is the common language of PLM and is the world’s most widely used 3D format. JT is the first ISO International Standard ( IS 14306-1) for 3D visualization and collaboration. Compact and accurate, JT is used throughout the product development lifecycle in all major industries to communicate the critical design information typically locked up inside a CAD file.

Siemens PLM Software customers rely on JT to be the most robust 3D visualization format available.

JT Open Factsheet
JT Open Member Resources
JT Open Documentation Technology
JT Open File Format Technology
JT Open Toolkit

Downloadable viewers for Windows Desktop, Windows 10 Universal App, Android and iOS.

Download JT2Go for your platform today Download JT2Go Desktop 64 Bit all languages
Download JT2Go Desktop 32 Bit for English
Windows 10 JT2Go Universal App
Android JT2Go
iOS JT2Go