cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open JT file in Browser

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi Team,

We have JT File  and we need to view those 3D images in Browser.

We need to build a similar page  like below. When we click on image it should open and view the 3D view.

http://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/jt_showcase/jt_showcase.shtml#webViewer

Please let me know if you need any other information. Do we have any DLL/API to open this file using .NET ?code

Please help me. Thanks in advance.

8 REPLIES

Re: Open JT file in Browser

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

I am forwarding this onto the PLMVisWeb team - they are responsible for the JT Showcase WebViewer.

Rick

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

Hi,

I am the development manager for the PLM Vis - JavaScript toolkit.  We produce the WebGL viewer and APIs used to render the 3D models in the browser.  Please feel free to contact me for more information.

Best regards,

--Mike Turner

michaelturner@siemens.com

Experimenter
Experimenter

How to get the JavaScript Toolkit file?  do you have any document to how to use the Toolkit.

Is there any cost for the Toolkit?

Please let me know how can i contact you to proceed further...

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

The PLM Vis JavaScript toolkit is currently part of the larger PLM Vis toolkit (which includes Java and Active-X components and APIs as well).  You need to purchas PLM Vis in order to obtain the JavaScript toolkit. 

The JavaScript toolkit itself does include a full set of documentation:  Getting Started, Developer Guide, Deployment Guide, API documentation, etc.

You can contact me at the following e-mail address:  michaelturner@siemens.com

Thanks,

--Mike

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello,

a free way is also possible.

Use JT2Go Desktop 11.3 and save it as HTML.

You can also modify the background colour.

I do not like the blue-green.

For this you can modify the home.css

Example:

/////////////////////////////////////////////////

/* viewer color.*/
#component {
    background: #ffffff; /* For browsers that do not support gradients */
    background: radial-gradient(circle at 3.52% 8.74%, #085078, transparent 100%),radial-gradient(circle at 47.72% 96.69%, #85D8CE, transparent 100%),radial-gradient(circle at 50% 50%, #5c5f61, #5c5f61 100%);
    height: auto;
    width: auto;
}

/////////////////////////////////////////////////

Best Regards

Andy

Solution Partner Experimenter Solution Partner Experimenter
Solution Partner Experimenter

Hello,

why can I view the JT HTML file only online and not offline?

Best Regards

...Christian

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

You currently need to be online, as there are urls in the html which are trying to use stylesheets and javascript for display and functional processing.

<link rel="stylesheet" href="https://appsforoffice.microsoft.com/fabric/2.1.0/fabric.min.css" type="text/css">
<link rel="stylesheet" href="https://appsforoffice.microsoft.com/fabric/2.1.0/fabric.components.min.css" type="text/css">
<script type="text/javascript" src="https://code.jquery.com/jquery-2.1.4.min.js"></script>

We'll take a look to see if we can rework these dependencies which will allow you to view these files in an offline mode.

Thanks,

Rick

Solution Partner Experimenter Solution Partner Experimenter
Solution Partner Experimenter

Hello Rick,

thank you for the information.
That would be great if offline is also possible.

Thanks

...Christian

What is JT?

JT is the World’s Most Widely Used 3D File Format for PLM

JT is the common language of PLM and is the world’s most widely used 3D format. JT is the first ISO International Standard ( IS 14306-1) for 3D visualization and collaboration. Compact and accurate, JT is used throughout the product development lifecycle in all major industries to communicate the critical design information typically locked up inside a CAD file.

Siemens PLM Software customers rely on JT to be the most robust 3D visualization format available.

JT Open Factsheet
JT Open Member Resources
JT Open Documentation Technology
JT Open File Format Technology
JT Open Toolkit

Downloadable viewers for Windows Desktop, Windows 10 Universal App, Android and iOS.

Download JT2Go for your platform today Download JT2Go Desktop 64 Bit all languages
Download JT2Go Desktop 32 Bit for English
Windows 10 JT2Go Universal App
Android JT2Go
iOS JT2Go