Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening PLM XML with Surface Pro

Experimenter
Experimenter

I am getting an error when I try to open any .plmxml file with JT2Go Version 11.3 on my Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10. The error reads only:  "Failed to open document."

I have been able to open these files on other machines, running the same versions of JT2Go, Java, Windows, etc. I am thinking there must be something about how JT2Go runs on the Surface Pro that is causing the error. Has anyone else had this? Please help!

4 REPLIES

Re: Opening PLM XML with Surface Pro

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Is this the 11.3 version downloaded from the Windows 10 Store (JT2Go Desktop), or from the JT2Go download site?

Can you load any data into JT2Go, i.e. simple JT's or 2D files?

Experimenter
Experimenter

Yes, the individual .jt files from that same folder open and display fine. The error occurs only with the .plmxml file

Experimenter
Experimenter

Sorry, only answered half of your question... I am using the software downloaded from the JT2Go website, not the app from the windows store.

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

That's interesting.  I am not sure where to go with this.  I don't have a Surface Pro 4 at my disposal.  I do have a surface pro 3 with the Anniverary update on it.  If you sent me the files, I could test it there, unless you have already tried a Pro 3.  You would have to put the files into a .zip file to attach to this thread.

Are there any differences in how the app was installed (as Administrator?), where the .plmxml file and related files are located, permissions on the files, etc? 

What is JT?

JT is the World’s Most Widely Used 3D File Format for PLM

JT is the common language of PLM and is the world’s most widely used 3D format. JT is the first ISO International Standard ( IS 14306-1) for 3D visualization and collaboration. Compact and accurate, JT is used throughout the product development lifecycle in all major industries to communicate the critical design information typically locked up inside a CAD file.

Siemens PLM Software customers rely on JT to be the most robust 3D visualization format available.

JT Open Factsheet
JT Open Member Resources
JT Open Documentation Technology
JT Open File Format Technology
JT Open Toolkit

Downloadable viewers for Windows Desktop, Windows 10 Universal App, Android and iOS.

Download JT2Go for your platform today Download JT2Go Desktop 64 Bit all languages
Download JT2Go Desktop 32 Bit for English
Windows 10 JT2Go Universal App
Android JT2Go
iOS JT2Go