Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PMI Dimensions in JT Preview?

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi...

following problem. If i open a JT with PMI in JT2go the display of PMIs are different to NX10. Some PMI are displayed under the arrow line in JT2go. The PMIs don´t follow the camera view. If I turn the part 180 degrees, I see the the dimension from the backside, mirror inverted.

Is it a problem with the export from NX10, maybe of PMI creating in NX, or is it a general problem with JT2go?

Who has eperiences with PMIs in JT2go? Thank you in advance for help :-)

Best regards

Stephan

3 REPLIES

Re: PMI Dimensions in JT Preview?

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

What version of JT2Go are you using?

Any chance you can send us the JT file and some pictures from NX10 and JT2Go so we can see what you are describing below (Some PMI are displayed under the arrow line in JT2go).

Also, In Jt2Go, by default if you rotate the part, the PMI data rotates with it.  You can select the "Text" button in the ribbon ("Text orientation"), which will re-orient the text so you can read it after rotation, or you could also go into the PMI Preferences and change the Text from In-Plane to Flat-To-Screen and the text remain readable.

Rick

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi Rick,

thank you for answer. For the JT2Go version see the picture below.

2017-02-23 12_09_23-JT2Go 11.2.3.jpg

"Some PMI are displayed under the arrow line in JT2go" Have a look at mesurement "Q03"

2017-02-23 12_43_22-JT2Go 11.2.3 - E1A1670395_B.jt.jpg

With the switch "Text orientation" it works, but is there no funktion that the dimensions are dynamic?

With the funktion "Flat-To-Screen" you can read all dimension texts, but you don´t see where the dimensions belong to.

Best regards

phanho

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

A couple of comments.

"Some PMI are displayed under the arrow line in JT2go" Have a look at mesurement "Q03" - Ok.  was this the result of using the Text Orientation function?  I am not sure what the problem is with this.  Can you send the Jt file so we can look at what you think the issue is and I can also check with our PMI developer if necessary.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "but is there no funktion that the dimensions are dynamic?"   if you want the PMI to adjust while rotating, it just does not do that.  If you rotate the model, the PMI Text does not adjust to it - it is a manual step.  This is how Teamcenter Visualization works and JT2Go is just a cut down of Teamcenter Visualization.

Flat to screen was just an option that I wanted to point out to you - if it doesn't give you what you are looking for - don't use it.  I am not sure what you mean by you don't see where the belong to.  There are leader lines there, you may just not be able to see them.  Looking at this, it is a good option if you don't turn on all of the PMI entities.  If you have alot of entities, it can cover alot of the screen.  Here is what I see:

Capture1.PNG

Rick

What is JT?

JT is the World’s Most Widely Used 3D File Format for PLM

JT is the common language of PLM and is the world’s most widely used 3D format. JT is the first ISO International Standard ( IS 14306-1) for 3D visualization and collaboration. Compact and accurate, JT is used throughout the product development lifecycle in all major industries to communicate the critical design information typically locked up inside a CAD file.

Siemens PLM Software customers rely on JT to be the most robust 3D visualization format available.

JT Open Factsheet
JT Open Member Resources
JT Open Documentation Technology
JT Open File Format Technology
JT Open Toolkit

Downloadable viewers for Windows Desktop, Windows 10 Universal App, Android and iOS.

Download JT2Go for your platform today Download JT2Go Desktop 64 Bit all languages
Download JT2Go Desktop 32 Bit for English
Windows 10 JT2Go Universal App
Android JT2Go
iOS JT2Go