Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: JT2Go-Dektop-Version-11-2-64Bit and 11-2-2

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello JT2Go Forum,

now we have tested the new version of JT2Go Desktop and find out the same problems with JT2Go 11.2 are existing also in JT2Go 11.2.2 .
It is not possible to open TC vis model with integrated True Shading (textures) and snapshots.
When will be this problem fixed? It is now near 9 month not running.

Same problem we have also with JT Files with a file size from more than 300 MB and a Workspace (memory) use from more than 1.5 GB, this JT Files crashed like in version 11.2.

The last good version was JT2Go 10.1.5 but it is only 32 bit and cannot use more than 3,5 PC memory.

See also for it our post:

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/JT2Go-Forum/JT2Go-Dektop-Version-11-2-64Bit/m-p/3316...

Best regards
Teddy

9 REPLIES

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Teddy,

Do you have any licensed Siemens Teamcenter products that you might be able to submit an Incident Report against (with the data you are using) through our global technical assistance center (GTAC) - https://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/en_us/support/gtac/ and indicate that this is really a JT2Go 11.2.x issue so that it gets routed to the right people?

Thanks,

Rick

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello Rick,

sorry we cannot get the file from our customer to add our files for an sum model to check our plant.

Hope we can get a report file from them.
Best regards

Teddy

Siemens Legend

HI Teddy,

I have been able to get some Jt data that has integrated true shading as well as textures and was able to load them into Jt2Go 11.2.2 without issue.  I also now have an 850MB asssembly which I was able to view without a problem.  While interacting with the model (including zooming way in on it), I saw the memory usage peak at 920MB, so I am not seeing the performance issue you have documented. 

If the customer can get some type of crash dump for the true shading/texture issues and send that too us, it may help to at least try to isolate where the problem is.  We may be able to build a dll which contains symbols which they could use to try and further narrow down where the problem is occurring. 

Rick

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello Rick,

I think I found out the main problem if we try here to open an *.VFZ file with a file size of 400 MB, JT2Go 11 use here everywhere we test it more than 1400 MB workspace (memory).
So we cannot believe that we can open a JT file with 850 MB and it use only 920 MB memory.

Have done another test, loaded all files separated together (Sum 341 MB) in JT2Go 11 and again it use 1400 MB memory. We have create this files with Solid Edge 7 and the setting was set to “exact” JT.  

Now our main question, how are your settings in JT2Go 11 to open those files and with which program you create a JT File. If it is Solid Edge (8) can you tell us please here also your settings for create a JT file.

best regards
Teddy

Siemens Legend

HI Teddy,

As far as the data I have, it is an airplane with over 7000 individual parts and is 850MB.  I did not generate the data myself, so I am not sure where it was created from.  The LOD 0 has over 35 million triangles.

I also created a session file package and loaded it - same result as just loading the part.

The issues that you are reporting are obviously data related - if we cannot reproduce the issues with the data we have, we will be unable to debug the problems.

We really need to have this done in a formal process at this point.  Please contact Siemens GTAC at https://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/en_us/support/gtac/ to continue this matter.

Thanks,

Rick

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello Rick,

thank you very much for your fast answer.

I will ask now my group leader for a request at our reseller for Solid Edge.
Than we go with our reseller for Solid Edge the way to gtac.
But I think we get never the okay to upload our complete power plant files to gtac from our customer and our company.

Best regards

Teddy

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Teddy,

we have here also some Problem with JT2Go 11. It can not open JT Files (*.vfz) with Snapshots (display set) saved and sections (in Snapshot) in TCvis. JT2Go 11.2.2 crash always if we try to open a Snapshot with saved sections also. We use at the moment for it Tekla Bim 19... in 64 bit version. You can import IFC Files from Solid Edge ST8 (or up). Only PMI you cannot Import with IFC. You can save sections, measure, remark, change color, and also put other files like *.dgn, *.dwg and *step. We think this is a good option freeware and for big files from plants.

kind regards

Wolfgang

Siemens Legend

Hi,

Thanks for the information.  I was able to reproduce this issue with the current version of JT2Go (created a .vfz file in VisMockup with Snapshots containing sections).  We have an update to 11.2.2 which we hope to be able to make available by the end of August, which I was able to successfully load the the same .vfz file into.  I will log a defect against JT2Go 11.2.2 to track this issue.  Once an update has been made available, the auto update mechanism in JT2Go should prompt you to download the new version (unless you have turned it off in the support menu).

Thanks,

Rick

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi there,
seams it is solved in new version 11.2.2.16243.0
Thank you all for answers and help.
TEKLA BIM is also a good idea.

What is JT?

JT is the World’s Most Widely Used 3D File Format for PLM

JT is the common language of PLM and is the world’s most widely used 3D format. JT is the first ISO International Standard ( IS 14306-1) for 3D visualization and collaboration. Compact and accurate, JT is used throughout the product development lifecycle in all major industries to communicate the critical design information typically locked up inside a CAD file.

Siemens PLM Software customers rely on JT to be the most robust 3D visualization format available.

JT Open Factsheet
JT Open Member Resources
JT Open Documentation Technology
JT Open File Format Technology
JT Open Toolkit

Downloadable viewers for Windows Desktop, Windows 10 Universal App, Android and iOS.

Download JT2Go for your platform today Download JT2Go Desktop 64 Bit all languages
Download JT2Go Desktop 32 Bit for English
Windows 10 JT2Go Universal App
Android JT2Go
iOS JT2Go