cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tessellated File only displayed if Size Culling is disabled

Creator
Creator

Hi everyone,

so I have this small file that JT2Go does not want to display as long as Size Culling is enabled. It has been converted from PRO-E.

clip culled by estimated screen coverage.png

Without Size Culling the clip is displayed:

clip not culled by estimated screen coverage.png

When I click the "Set from selected parts" button, the value becomes 0% although it is displayed correctly.

set estimated screen coverage from selected part = 0%.png

The Boundingbox seems to be correct:

boundingbox.png

I'd like JT2Go to be able to display it without disabling the Size Culling.

Does anyone know this problem or could anyone tell me whats wrong with the file?

Best regards,

Tomas

5 REPLIES

Re: Tessellated File only displayed if Size Culling is disabled

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Tomas,

I will forward this onto our core visualization group for analysis, as I see the same behavior in Teamcenter Visualization - they should be able to provide the appropriate explanation.  Once I receive it, I will let you know.

Rick

Creator
Creator

Thank you very much!

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

The answer I got from our team.

The TriStripSet node has been saved into the JT file with an area of 0, which is used during screen size culling, and causes the apparent screen coverage to be 0.

No clue as to how this occurred.  Are we certain it was a JTTK-based product that wrote this?  No small amount of care is taken in JTTK and DirectModel to ensure that the correct area and bbox is written to the JT file, and I can’t recall the last time I saw a JT file with 0 area in it.

How are you creating the JT file?

Thanks,

Rick

Rick

Creator
Creator

Hi Rick,

I'm using the Techsoft3D Exporter "Exchange".
http://techsoft3d.com/solutions/cad-data-access/

However I'm not directly converting. Instead, I parse the files and translate them into my internal visualization format. I then export the tessellation from my internal format to JT.

I will forward this information to the exchange-team to find out what i'm doing wrong.

Thanks a lot again!

That information will be pretty useful for me.

Creator
Creator

Hi Rick,

thanks to your information I was able to pinpoint an issue within our exporters.

Thank you very much!

What is JT?

JT is the World’s Most Widely Used 3D File Format for PLM

JT is the common language of PLM and is the world’s most widely used 3D format. JT is the first ISO International Standard ( IS 14306-1) for 3D visualization and collaboration. Compact and accurate, JT is used throughout the product development lifecycle in all major industries to communicate the critical design information typically locked up inside a CAD file.

Siemens PLM Software customers rely on JT to be the most robust 3D visualization format available.

JT Open Factsheet
JT Open Member Resources
JT Open Documentation Technology
JT Open File Format Technology
JT Open Toolkit

Downloadable viewers for Windows Desktop, Windows 10 Universal App, Android and iOS.

Download JT2Go for your platform today Download JT2Go Desktop 64 Bit all languages
Download JT2Go Desktop 32 Bit for English
Windows 10 JT2Go Universal App
Android JT2Go
iOS JT2Go