cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unmanned or silent install for JT2Go viewer only

Builder
Builder

Hi JT2Go experts

Sorry my first post here and hope its right place for this question.  I have 10 engineers who prefer to view the CAD model.  We will try to see how the JT2Go viewer works for them and the JT format.  I know the viewer is free so there is little to no support surrounding it but I was wounder 2 things:

1) Has anyone ever created a userguide on how to use it effectivily for engineers not cad jokies?  If so can anyone share this?

2) I would like to install the viewer from the clients local c: drives by script and was woundering if this can be done or not?  Has anyone had to install the viewer on multiple win7 64bit systems before??  Is this silent install script for it?

Sorry if this was asked before?

Phil

ST9
WIN 7Pro 64bit
DELL T5810 3.7-4Ghz 32Gb ECC
12 REPLIES

Re: Unmanned or silent install for JT2Go viewer only

Builder
Builder
Ok sorry folks I did find something in the FAQ pdf about silent install.....Will look at general code for that but if anyone would like to share their examples that would be great.

Phil
ST9
WIN 7Pro 64bit

Builder
Builder

Does anyone know how to silently uninstall JT2GO if old version exists on a windows 7 32bit OS?  I beleive this is how to install:

JT2GoSetup.exe /s /v”/qb+ALLUSERS=2 INSTALLDIR=\”C:\
Program Files\UGS\JT2Go\””

Any help most appreciated.

Phil

ST9
WIN 7Pro 64bit

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I am installing with the following command line:

JT2GoSetup.exe /S /v"/qb! /passive /norestart /log %TMP%\JT2Go.log ALLUSERS=1"

This is used to install v11.2.16243 of the JT2Go viewer.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Builder
Builder

Thx Stefan

Must be a way to check for existing version (JT2Go) and remove if finds else install using examples above.....

ST9
WIN 7Pro 64bit

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

To uninstall, you could use the following, since it won't fail if there is no previous release installed.

wmic product where "Name like '%JT2Go%' " call Uninstall

This will remove anything that contains JT2Go in the product name.

Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

Some good advice provided here, nice job

Regarding your first question, not sure I follow what you see the different users requirments being?

For silent install, there is help in the FAQ on the JT2Go website.

I have also attached a file that should help with this. This file will also be posted to the JT2Go site shorlty.

Mike Z

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I would replace C:\Temp with %TMP%, since this folder is only available in 16-bit Windows, for 32-bit Windows and above each user has its own temporary folder.

If you still have this folder on your system, then you have created it on your own, because a developer of a software you use is still thinking we are on Windows 3.1 or lower Smiley Wink

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

The Silent install script template has been posted on the JT2Go Website.  See:

http://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/en_us/products/teamcenter/plm-platform-capabilities/visualizat...

Under Additional information is a link for the silent install script.

Rick

Builder
Builder

Rick Stefan Zinkm

Thankyou very much for your contribution to the thread.....The info has been very helpful to me and I beleive others.

Phil

ST9
WIN 7Pro 64bit

What is JT?

JT is the World’s Most Widely Used 3D File Format for PLM

JT is the common language of PLM and is the world’s most widely used 3D format. JT is the first ISO International Standard ( IS 14306-1) for 3D visualization and collaboration. Compact and accurate, JT is used throughout the product development lifecycle in all major industries to communicate the critical design information typically locked up inside a CAD file.

Siemens PLM Software customers rely on JT to be the most robust 3D visualization format available.

JT Open Factsheet
JT Open Member Resources
JT Open Documentation Technology
JT Open File Format Technology
JT Open Toolkit

Downloadable viewers for Windows Desktop, Windows 10 Universal App, Android and iOS.

Download JT2Go for your platform today Download JT2Go Desktop 64 Bit all languages
Download JT2Go Desktop 32 Bit for English
Windows 10 JT2Go Universal App
Android JT2Go
iOS JT2Go