Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update failure with update

Experimenter
Experimenter

I have tried to update the jt2go. But i receive an failure in the 16 bit ms-dos subsystem. See attached picture.

do I have to install a whole new version? We have several computers with jt2go, but this one is the first . Please advise

3 REPLIES

Re: Update failure with update

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

I don't understand what this means:

• "But i receive an failure in the 16 bit ms-dos subsystem."

What version of JT2Go do you have (or had) installed before the upgrade attempt?

What OS is this?  Win 10?

You can try uninstalling JT2Go and grabbing the latest 64-bit version from www.jt2go.com.  That would definitely resolve the issue for now.  We are updating JT2Go once a month at this time and you would have the opportunity to update automatically in the future.

Rick

Experimenter
Experimenter
Dear,

It is OS win7 32bit. I have download the latest file from jt2go. (32bit English)
But I still have the same issue with this, the same pop up with a error.

Met vriendelijke groet / Best regards / Mit freundlichen Grüssen,

Barry Heutinck
Assistant Controller & ICT

Hittech Bihca BV
Verlengde Morsestraat 25
NL-7101 ND Winterswijk
T +31(0)543 551212

F +31(0)543 520585

E bheutinck@hittech.com

W www.hittech.com

[Hittech]

Masters in Improvement

[View Hittech Group on LinkedIn]

View Hittech Group on LinkedIn

The content of this e-mail message is intended only for the confidential use of the person(s) to whom it is addressed above. If the reader of this message is not the designated person to whom it is addressed, you are hereby notified that you have received this communication in error and that reading it, copying it, or in any way disseminating its content to any other person, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the author by using the reply key.

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

The problem is this.

The update is trying to install our 64-bit version and that will never work on your 32-bit OS. 

In the 32-bit version that you installed, when the "JT2Go Software Update Available" dialog is displayed, click the checkbox to turn off the auto update and then skip the download.  You should be good to go then.

Rick