Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

VFFrame error file load to JT2GO

Creator
Creator

If I try to open a file from TC 10 to JT2GO I get an error that says VFFrame_NG Version 11.4 64 Bit has stopped working. I saw that someone else had the same issue but that too was unresolved which can bee seen here! I wanted to see if there is a fix to this issue.

I'm running on Windows 10 64bit machine.

38 REPLIES

Re: VFFrame error file load to JT2GO

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

The issue you reference is with a very old version of JT2Go - 10.1.2.  I was not involved with the product back then, so I don't know why it was not addressed - There is a newer version of the 32-bit JT2Go available on the website (version 10.1.5) - thanks for bringing that to my attention - I will see if I can follow up with the poster and those who are also having the issue (last MeToo was 3/13/2018) to see if we can figure out what is going on. 

You are seeing a similar problem, but I can be pretty certain that it is a different issue. 

Any chance you can attach the Jt file you are trying to open, so we can take a look at it?

Creator
Creator

Thank You for your reply. Unfortetly I can't send the file they are confidential. I'm actually IT I'm trying to find a solution for the employee with the issue. We noticed he's on a pretty old version of windows. Also going to try to update to latest version of java.

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Thanks - let me know if updating the OS fixes the problem.

Have you tried loading a 2D file into JT2Go, like a .bmp, .png, .jpg?  Just wondering.

Also - JT2Go does not have a requirement on Java.

Creator
Creator
No I havn't tried any 2D files. I know that but team center does.

Gears Legend Gears Legend
Gears Legend

Hello @RTarson,

Are you using a VFZ file from Teamcenter?

If you do and have saved in the VFZ file some views (snapshots) with sections, dimensions, different imported files in different views it can happen a JT2Go crash.

If possible please try to get a naked JT file.

If this is not possible try to unzip the VFZ with 7Zip.

In the unzip folders are now the JT files you can use for viewing in JT2Go.

You lose by this way the views and additional modifications (example move from parts) in JT2Go but in minimum you can view it now.

Best Regards

Wolfgang

Creator
Creator

@Wolfgang_1Yes it is a .jt 3D file.I have another computer with practically the same setup with TC10, NX, JT2GO installled. That computer opens up the file just fine!

@RickVI updated the computer to the latest 1803 update and it still does it. We reinstalled TC10 also updated to the lastest version of java.

Gears Legend

Hello @RTarson,

Can you try with the TC10 version to convert the JT file to the lowest possible version of JT and then try to open it again in JT2Go 11?

Creator
Creator

@Wolfgang_1I'm not allowed to re-version that JT file. I've attached a screenshot for you if it helps any.

IMAGE$15077F83DE21B30.jpg

Gears Legend

Hello @RTarson,

Yes have seen this error here also very often at some PC or Laptops.

So many things can have an Impact.

Example if you have running Solid Edge ST7-9 on your PC the Solid Edge Viewer has near the same Software than JT2Go or TCvis. For this is a Batch file existing in Solid Edge with name iSeriesInstall.bat. The path to it is:

C:\Program Files\Solid Edge ST9\Program\win32\PLMVis\Program

You have running WIN 10 so you can use also the JT2Go 11 Desktop App. Is the same like JT2Go 11.

However, Apps are in a saver area at WIN 10 so I hope it has no direct impact at other software.

Best Regards

Wolfgang