Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: VFFrame error file load to JT2GO

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Please try to open one of the sample files that comes with JT2Go.  From the open dialog, select the User Areas and then drill down into the examples directory and try to load one of those Jt files.

The error you are getting is if you are trying to connect to a teamcenter server to get the data (that is not a feature of JT2Go, as it does not integrate with Teamcenter).

Rick

Creator
Creator

But like I said I couldnt even look for the file cause when I hit open in JT2GO it said "failed to get service" like right off the bat. Also if I just double click the jt file it has the same error message VFFrame error

Also I noticed someone had the same issue not to long ago and you tried to help him:
https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/JT2Go-Forum/ERROR-Failed-to-get-service/td-p/482480

Siemens Legend

I am running out of ideas with whatever is happening on your machine.

Try this then (from other thread):

• Uninstall JT2Go
  • Run Regedit and delete these keys:  HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Siemens\JT2Go and HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Siemens\JT2Go_Retained
  • Reinstall JT2Go
  • Launch JT2Go and see if the error is cleared or still present.

Siemens Legend

I believe we have figured out what the problem is.  Our product was updated to use Visual Studio 2015, but apprently there is still a dependency on VS 2013.  I have attached the redistibutable for VS 2013 x64 (or you can download yourself from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784). 

Question - did you see the ERROR:  failed to get service warning first?  If so, installing this should resolve the problem.

We are working with our build team to try and rectify this as soon as possible.

Rick

Creator
Creator

Bingo. That was it! Thank You so much!

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@RTarson ,

Install 32-bit version of JT2GO. Just change the version of JT2GO regardless of your computer. i have faced with the same problem, i installed 32 bit and it worked.

Regards,

Ahmet ÜNKÜR 

CAD/CAM Engineer

Creator
Creator

Hello i have the same problem with JT2GO, it's work on friday but this morning i can see this message and nothing happen when i'll try to view my files.

I'll try to install VS 2013 but nothing new.

Siemens Legend

Which version of JT2Go did you install (and from where)?

Rick

Creator
Creator

Siemens Legend

If it worked on Friday, it should also work today.

A few more questions.

Are you using Windows 10?  If so, did you install any updates since Friday?

Are you an adminstrator on your machine?

Can you bring up the control panel and look at installed programs to see if you still have both the VS 2013 and VS 2015 x64 redistributables installed?

I will also try to find a clean machine/VM that I can install it on to see if I can reproduce the issue you are seeing.

Rick