cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing a parts orientation and exporting as a new part.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello,

I am currently working on a project which requires viewable 3d models that can be opened by customers to show off our products, to do this I had  my colleague with NX send me several monolithic .jt files which I have exported to html, ideal for what I need.

however the parts being sent to me are drawn with the Z axis vertically up yet when opened in jt2go the parts open with the Y axis vertical as default, this means that when someone opens the .html file the part is 90 degrees out and requires them to manipulate the model into the correct view (which the person viewing the models may not know). I would like the parts to open in the correct view.

Is there a way to open the parts in JT2go (or teamcenter visualization pro which I have a copy of), change the part view to the correct plane/axis (Z up), and then save/export this as a new part as either .jt or straight to .html.

I understand that I could ask my colleague to change them in NX, however they are busy and could do without the extra hassle of re-orienting the models.

Attached are 2 pictures; the first is showing the orientation of the part when i first open it in JT2go and the second is the how I want the part to be oriented.

Thank you in advance! 

2 REPLIES

Re: changing a parts orientation and exporting as a new part.

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

You may want to post the question about exporting the jt file from Vis with the modified view to the https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Teamcenter-Users-Forum/bd-p/Teamcenter-Users-Forum forum.  You may get an answer there.  I myself, do not know if this is possible, but will forward the question onto the visualization team.

As far as exporting the jt file with a new view straight to html - that is not possible.

Rick

Re: changing a parts orientation and exporting as a new part.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks Rick, i will re-post it on there.

What is JT?

JT is the World’s Most Widely Used 3D File Format for PLM

JT is the common language of PLM and is the world’s most widely used 3D format. JT is the first ISO International Standard ( IS 14306-1) for 3D visualization and collaboration. Compact and accurate, JT is used throughout the product development lifecycle in all major industries to communicate the critical design information typically locked up inside a CAD file.

Siemens PLM Software customers rely on JT to be the most robust 3D visualization format available.

JT Open Factsheet
JT Open Member Resources
JT Open Documentation Technology
JT Open File Format Technology
JT Open Toolkit

Downloadable viewers for Windows Desktop, Windows 10 Universal App, Android and iOS.

Download JT2Go for your platform today Download JT2Go Desktop 64 Bit all languages
Download JT2Go Desktop 32 Bit for English
Windows 10 JT2Go Universal App
Android JT2Go
iOS JT2Go