Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

conversion of .jt file

Creator
Creator

Hello, I have .jt file of a tank and would like to convert it into a format which Creo can open and save. I tried saving it as NX .prt file and open it in Creo but "this part cannot be retrived" message pops up. Is there any other solution for this?

8 REPLIES

Betreff: conversion of .jt file

Gears Legend Gears Legend
Gears Legend

Hello @gannuagastya

I am not familiar with Creo now please can you name me your possible import format types.

My first thinking for converting is to use cad assistant from open cascade.

With this software, it is possible easy to convert JT data.

https://www.opencascade.com/content/cad-assistant

Best Regards

Wolfgang

Re: conversion of .jt file

Experimenter
Experimenter

You should be able to export out to a VRML 1.0 file the extension is .wrl. Creo can open .wrl file format.

Re: conversion of .jt file

Experimenter
Experimenter
To clarify I am assuming you have access to Visprofessional or VisMockup

Creator
Creator

My ultimate desired format is Creo .prt file. I cannot do that directly in Creo unless I buy the JT extension. So next best option would be anything that Creo can open without losing the data(like STEP, IGES or parasolid). But I keep losing some parts of complex assemblies when saved in one of these formats. 

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

Sounds like your trying to do something quick, there are a lot of products available that will address your situation, including products from Siemens. Perhaps you should look for a free trial to get by your current situation. Trying to work through a series of derieved formats is not going to be very satisfieing.

Mike Z

Gears Legend

Hi @zinkm

yes you are right, it is a good point.

I have forgotten to explain if you need more than only the graphic you need other software for it.

You can catch with the tool only the graphic.

Best Regards

Wolfgang

Re: .jt to .cim

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello, I have .jt file I would like to convert it into a format which cimstation can open and save. 

Thank you

Re: .jt to .cim

Gears Legend

Hello @Shareef,

please let us know which file formats you need for import.

Best Regards

Wolfgang