cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apply Force in '' TSB ''

Creator
Creator

hello everybody,

I have some questions concerning Apply Force in '' TSB ''. In the complete file of an example in Tutorial of ''TSB'' is so that, the Force does not exert exactly to the body of worker, I mean,there is no direct contact between the arrow of force and hand of worker and only its direction is toward worker. you can check that, if you choose Edit for Apply Force(Pleas look at the 1.Image and 2.Image in Attachments) and by specifying the origin of Force there is a sentence in Tutorial,which states that '' 27. Then click on the star beside Origin, to set the force origin on the object. In the Create Location dialog, click OK. This will keep the default origin. '' 

Does it mean that Jack can suggest the best point of origin for exertion of force?

I want to simulate the process of overhead drilling, and as I click on Origin for exertion of Force, JACK suggests a point ,which is neither on drilling machine nor on the body of Worker.(Pleas look at the 3.Image in Attachments)

Shortly, is there any scientific background for such suggestions from JACK as Default Origin, or is that only by chance or probably by mistake?

Sincerely yours,

10 REPLIES

Re: Apply Force in '' TSB ''

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

Hello,

Great questions!

When you define a force in TSB, it is assigned to a specific object.  When the human interacts with that object, the forces are transferred to the palmcenter site(s).  If the object is held with one hand, the force is applied, in full, to that hand.  If the human interacts with the object using 2 hands, the force is evenly divided between both hands.  In image 1 and 2, you can see the force arrow, which shows the direction you defined.  The force is shown relative ot the object, which is why it looks offset from the hands.  During a task where the human is holding the object (such as a position) you could open the Loads & Weights dialog to see that the force has been transferred to the palmcenter site(s).

You also inquired about the purpose of defining the origin....currently this dialog is a placeholder for potential expansion of the force definition technology.  Admittedly, this can be confusing to the user.  Today, if you modify the origin, it will have no functional impact on your analysis.  The origin will always be defined as the center of the object bounding box.

Creator
Creator

Hello Christina,

thank you very very much, actuallly I want to to make an animation for a couple of minutes, and I made always worry about definnig the Origin of Force for every exertion of Force, but now your perfect answer has solved my question!

Sincerely yours,

Creator
Creator

Hello Christina,

I would like to ask you a favor, actually new questions.

As far as I understood, you mean that always after that I define a new Force by Apply Force in TSB, then I can refer to Control/ Loads & Weights, in order to see its effect on Human’s body. Am I right?

Today I tried on what you explained for me.

First of all I controlled again the complete simulation of your example, during performance of Task ‘’ Position_Black_Tire1 ‘’ I stopped the Animation, opened Control/ Loads & Weights/ show all, as you said to me, there are two new forces on palm centers, amount of every one is 6, because 12(kg) was defined before as the weight of Black_Tire1.( Please take a look at 1.Image in attachments), then I played again the Animation, this time during performance of Task ‘’ Apply_Force_Black_Tire 1 ‘’ I stopped the Animation, opened Control/ Loads & Weights/ show all, now I see only one Force(Please take a look at 2.Image in attachments), which its magnitude is not zero and its Magnitude is actually 12.799(kgf) and its direction is: Please take a look at 3.Image in attachments.

First Question: Is this force the sum of all forces including weight of black tire and Push-Force?

And then I made a new experiment by myself, my process was so:

1-Before starting to make simulation, I made a right click on object: TSB/ Define Weight and then I entered 3(kg) as the weight of object, then I clicked on set initial context and started to make my animation. First of all I defined a ‘’Get’’ Task and then a ‘’ Go ‘’, during performance of Task ‘’ Go ‘’ I stopped the Animation, opened Control/ Loads & Weights/ show all, and there is only one Force on right hand and exactly according to your statement(Please take a look at 4.Image in attachments), and then I defined an ‘’ Apply_Force ‘’ Task, which during that two Forces including 100N (Please take a look at 5.Image in attachments for recognizing its direction) and 50N (Please take a look at 6.Image in attachments for recognizing its direction). Attention: Both of these two Forces have to be exerted AT THE SAME TIME and duration of this task is 7 seconds! Then during performance of Task ‘’ Apply_Force ‘’ I stopped the Animation, opened Control/ Loads & Weights/ show all(Please take a look at 7.Image in attachments for recognizing Magnitude and direction of new Force)

Second Question: Is this force now sum of all Forces including weight of object, the Force of 100N and the Force of 50N?

Sincerely yours,

Siemens Genius

Hello,

I have attached a video, which may help explain how to use and visualize forces applied to the human in TSB...

Creator
Creator

Hello,

that was very helpful, thank you so much.

Sincerely yours,

Pioneer
Pioneer

It is very helpful video thanks Smiley Very Happy. Indeed, if siemens shares tutorials as a video it will be more helpful for users. 

I want to ask you someting, you input 75 N as a force. How we can know how much force is it require ? Is jack capable to calculate how much force is required for position of an object?

Thanks....

Siemens Genius

Hello,

I agree, videos can be very helpful.  We will try to do more of these.

Jack cannot tell you the actual force required to do a particular task (such as attaching two parts).  However, I want to point you to a tool called the ForceSolver.  If you have a TAT license, you can access this tool.  From the toolbar, go to TAT -> ForceSolver.  If you then click the "Usage" button there is a good description of how this tool can be used. In summary, the ForceSolver can help you compute the maximum force a human could safely exert, given the task conditions.  This max can be compared against a known assembly or insertion force, or provided as an engineering/design guideline.

Pioneer
Pioneer
Thank for your describtion. Force gauge tool may be use to get real force value and this value may be compared with tat force solver is not it?

Sincerly

Siemens Genius

Absolutely, this would be a good way to use the ForceSolver tool.