Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign weight to object ( version 14.0 )

Creator
Creator

Hello ,

I am a student currently working on Siemens process simulate 14.0 . I am using pick and put function for an object and interested in ergonomics study of the  same. I am not able to assign a weight to the object . By default it shows 0 Kg in the apply force option under TSB. I searched under help option and  the solution given implies only to the previous versions of process simulate. Can weight be assigned to an object in the process simulate 14.0 ?

PS: I also tried using loads and weights option under ergonomics tab. It only applies weight to the jack and not to the object.

5 REPLIES

Re: Assign weight to object ( version 14.0 )

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

(view in My Videos)
Hi,

It should be possible to assign a weight (and also forces) to an object.

Perhaps you can share a video showing the problem you are experiencing?

Please see the video below for how to assign a weight to an object, and how this propagates to the ergonomic analysis.

The OWAS analysis is activated in both Dynamic Note and Simulation mode.

Execute the simulation - see that no weight is applied to the human when the tire is picked up.

Assign a weight of 10KG to the object

See that this is reflected both in the Dynamic Note and in the Simulation report.

Btw. this was created in 14.1 - the Loads and Weights UI is probably slightly different than that in 14.0

But the basics should be the same.

Best regards,

Pelle

Creator
Creator

Hello Pelle,

Thanks for the solution now i am able assign the weight to an object. But unfortunately it is not getting reflected in OWAS analysis. As you can see in the video the object concerned ( impact gun  ) has many subcomponents in it. I am not able to directly assign weight to impact gun. I tried to assign weight to one of the subcomponent but still then the process simulate does't  recognise it .Is there any solution for this ? 

(view in My Videos)

Highlighted

Siemens Legend

Thanks for the detailed information!

Right, in previous releases we did not support annotating Compound Parts with Loads and Weights information.

This however is supported from V14.1 (to be released any day now).

Please see the video below for information.

(view in My Videos)

Best regards,

Pelle

Siemens Legend

Hi again,

If you are not able to upgrade to 14.1 in short timeframe.

You can also "fake" the weight assignment by means of Object Attachment.

Please see the video below for how to accomplish something like this.

Note that the Object Attach Task needs to be linked in before the task it shall impact.

(view in My Videos)

Best regards,

Pelle

Creator
Creator

Hello Pelle,

Thanks for the trick . It works !!