Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can we query the list of visible objects human can see via jack script or tcl/tk?

In Jack V8.2 , there is a feature which shows Vision Cones wherein it projects a cone from each eye.

According to the documentation that can be used to check visible areas.

But questions is :

Is it possible to know what objects are visible or in other words what objects are coming inside the cone?

Can we query the list of visible objects human can see via jack script or tcl/tk?

Thanks in advance !

3 REPLIES

Re: Can we query the list of visible objects human can see via jack script or tcl/tk?

You might try collision detection, i.e. check which objects collide with the view cones.

Gert Nomden
Senior Consultant | Tecnomatix Product Manager
cardsplmsolutions.com

Re: Can we query the list of visible objects human can see via jack script or tcl/tk?

[ Edited ]

Collision detection can not be used for this. In collision detection only figure or segment can be choosen, view cones are not a figure or segment. In collision detection future, view cones shall be choseen in next upgrades.

I checked and unfortunately you are right. Not 100% sure, but I believe in the past this was implemented in a different way.

I think it is not really practical to write it into a script. Of course, you could generate your own view cones and then manually run a collision check. But this is no guarantee that an object is visible, it only gives you a subset. Objects inside the view cones may still obstruct each other.

Automating the whole collision detection task can be done with JackScript. There are some collision detection functions that tell you if objects collide or not (jsCollision).

Gert Nomden
Senior Consultant | Tecnomatix Product Manager
cardsplmsolutions.com