Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Changing mouse controls

Hi,

This may seem silly, but I'm in the middle of my Masters Degree project that heavily involves Jack 8.2. I am use to using the mouse controls to move humans / objects with LMB = left/right, RMB= back/forward and MMB= up/down. I don't know what I have done but somehow these have been mixed up and its a nightmare,

Does anyone know how to reset these?

Cheers,

Micky

4 REPLIES

Re: Changing mouse controls

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Maybe Global versus local coordination system was changed - you can change it by option in Move menu or pressing spacebar on your keyboard.

Or if the issue is Jack connected, you can set back a factory default setting - please see the pdf document attached.

Otherwise I would check mouse setting in Windows.

Regards,

Martin

To add to Martin's suggestions.

Jack uses the following controls when moving humans or objects:

LMB = translate along global X axis

RMB = translate along global Z axis

It is likely that you’ve just moved your viewpoint in the environment file such that the x and z axes are reversed from your original view (Global Y axis should point up).  You can either move the camera around such that you’re comfortable with the manipulation controls, or hold both buttons down at once while moving the object – this will enable motion along the x-z plane and will follow the mouse’s motion regardless of your viewpoint.

UlrichRaschke

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the tip,

Very useful!!

Smiley Happy

Kind Regads,

Mick

Hi UlrichRaschke,

Thanks for the info, got my probelm sorted,

Cheers!!