cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing mouse controls

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi,

This may seem silly, but I'm in the middle of my Masters Degree project that heavily involves Jack 8.2. I am use to using the mouse controls to move humans / objects with LMB = left/right, RMB= back/forward and MMB= up/down. I don't know what I have done but somehow these have been mixed up and its a nightmare,

Does anyone know how to reset these?

Cheers,

Micky

4 REPLIES

Re: Changing mouse controls

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

Hi,

Maybe Global versus local coordination system was changed - you can change it by option in Move menu or pressing spacebar on your keyboard.

Or if the issue is Jack connected, you can set back a factory default setting - please see the pdf document attached.

Otherwise I would check mouse setting in Windows.

Regards,

Martin

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

To add to Martin's suggestions.

Jack uses the following controls when moving humans or objects:

LMB = translate along global X axis

RMB = translate along global Z axis

It is likely that you’ve just moved your viewpoint in the environment file such that the x and z axes are reversed from your original view (Global Y axis should point up).  You can either move the camera around such that you’re comfortable with the manipulation controls, or hold both buttons down at once while moving the object – this will enable motion along the x-z plane and will follow the mouse’s motion regardless of your viewpoint.

UlrichRaschke

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the tip,

Very useful!!

Smiley Happy

Kind Regads,

Mick

Experimenter