Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom anthropometric data with specific body parts dimensions

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi, I have been using Jack for a few weeks and I am discovering all the potential of the software. But I am dealing with a problem with database import.

I would like to import anthropometric data, so it can be selected directly with the other bases (ANSUR, NHANES, …). But I don't want to only import stature and weight for all the percentiles, I want to add some other body parts dimensions for each one (acromion height, sitting eye height, …).

I saw the post related to database import (https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Jack-Human-Simulation-Forum/Looking-for-Procedure-to... ), the file to use, and the command that I have to insert in the Jack's Python Console. But I can only import percentile's data with the file. I tried a few options (following the comments in the file) but I don't find the right syntax to also import specific body parts dimensions.

It is probably not a big deal, but I am not familiar with Python script. Has somebody already tried to do that?

Thank you very much for your help!

2 REPLIES

Re: Custom anthropometric data with specific body parts dimensions

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

Hello Jackob,

In the SAMPLEdb.py file found in the installion in the \extras\Anthropometry folder, you will see eamples of how both figure percentiles as well as regression equations for each anthropometric dimention can be added.

The example shows how the foot dimensions can be defined with your particular anthropometric data. The assumption is that you have raw subject data and can regress the dimensions on Stature and BMI. These regression equations are then put into the file per the example. The list of all the dimensions used by Jack is provided in the file as well.

The percentile section at the end of the file allow you to define the specific Stature and Weight percentile values for your population. These values are used when percentiles are selected in the scaling dialog.

#compute foot dimensions
        if(dimensionBase.GetGender(self)=='male'): #male smoothkin human figure
          #equations to compute scaling dimensions
          footLength = -2.421509 + stature * 0.1324515 + log(BMI) * 1.631104
          footHeight = 0.32419910206266 + stature * 0.0333547049238223 + log(BMI) * 0.0962669054838824
          footBreadth = -1.438719  + stature * 0.0372104 + log(BMI) * 1.564964
        else: #female smoothskin human figure
          #equations to compute scaling dimensions
          footLength = -2.271217 + stature * 0.1284182 + log(BMI) * 1.617093
          footHeight = 0.32419910206266 + stature * 0.0333547049238223 + log(BMI) * 0.0962669054838824
          footBreadth = -1.18902 + stature * 0.0335113 + log(BMI) * 1.495882

UlrichRaschke

Re: Custom anthropometric data with specific body parts dimensions

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi, I have Process Simulate v11 but unfortunately I haven't Jack.
I can create a  new personalized population of mannequins with a similar method, using only PS 11?
tnx