cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hand Reach Path Data

Experimenter
Experimenter

When we simulate reaching by hand to an object behaviour, the Jack internally computes a path that is followed by hand during animation. How can we access the computed path? Is it possible to get the computed path data?

4 REPLIES

Re: Hand Reach Path Data

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

Assuming you are using the TSB system, hand travel trajectories are computed in a variety of ways.Some use paths while others interpolate positions. There is no external access to these trajectories. However, it should be possible to recreate the paths fairly closely by using the Utilities -> Paths -> CreatePaths function. Scroll the TSB timeline to determine hand locations at which to place the path control points.

UlrichRaschke

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi

Thanks for replying. For some processing, I need a low level access to Hand Trajectory either prior or post reach. Its fine even if I can get interpolation points. I want to access it via JackScript or TCL and not TSB. Is it possible?

(PS: Being a Siemen's Customer is it possible that we can get a low level access in form of some additional code/script support?)

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

unfortunately there are no APIs to access to this information via scripting. It sounds like you may have some specific needs that are beyond the typical product use. You might consider contacting GTAC to discuss it further.

UlrichRaschke

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi

I contacted GTAC (IR: 7654756) but they replied to post this on community. Siemens is weird in terms of tech support. I'll follow up with GTAC.

Thanks anyways.