Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to adjust a human model alongside with adjusting other objects?

Experimenter
Experimenter

I want to simulate a sitting condition. Human model is siting on a bench and there are backrest and footrest which can be rotatable (see benchwithhuman.png).

I created joints and the backrest part and footrest part can be rotatable.

I want to know how to move the human (bend the hip and knee joints) along with backrest and footrest adjustment (see example.png)

Someone please tell me if this is possible.

My version: Jack 7.1

benchwithhuman2.pngexample.PNG

9 REPLIES

Re: How to adjust a human model alongside with adjusting other objects?

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

Hello Tharindu,

The simplest way to accomplish this is by using Jack's constraint engine. Go to Utilities->Constraint-> Create Constraint. This will allow you to define position and rotation relationships between objects. For example, you can constrain Jack's right_lower_leg.distal site to a site on the foot rest, and define the starting joint to be the knee. When you then move the foot rest, Jack's leg should follow.

UlrichRaschke

Experimenter
Experimenter

Can you please tell me step by step as you understand my intended outcome. I can't figure out what to select on each box. I did what you said as I understand but it didn't move.

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

Hello tharindu,

There is a fairly extensive description of the constraint dialog in the manual. You can access it from the main menu Help->Jack Manual (pg 161). Please see if this can help answer your questions. If questions remain, please post a screen capture of the constraint dialog as you have set it up.

UlrichRaschke

Pioneer
Pioneer

I try to make similar thing. I achived the constraint for leg roughly. But for reclining constraint i have been failed. I attached the picture. Which parameters i have to chose for the jack exactly recline to backrest.

Thanks.

Pioneer
Pioneer

Is not there anyone who can help me about this subject?

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

By the looks of it, you try to align the wrong axes.

Gert Nomden
Senior Consultant | Tecnomatix Product Manager
cardsplmsolutions.com

Pioneer
Pioneer
I read all the manual. I have not understood the logic of pozitional and orientational constraint completly. Which adjustment i have to make for this exampke?

Pioneer
Pioneer

I try to make the constraint for human and chair. when the chair is backwarded human torso will lean backward too in association with seat angle. I atteched the picture for this. Is the constraint futures are correct? For this foto, when the chair back is bacwarded, it occurs a space between human and chair back. How a relation can be formed for when the chair back is leaned backward human torso will go back towards to back rest. 

Ekran Alıntısı.JPG

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Increasing the position weight to e.g. 0.50 should help. But I agree it is difficult to get it completely accurate.

Gert Nomden
Senior Consultant | Tecnomatix Product Manager
cardsplmsolutions.com