Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to pick up an object without lifting it throu the table with process simulate human

Creator
Creator

Hi there,

I´m trying to let the human model picking up an object from a table.

It is neccessary that the object is not moved throu the table while picking it up. 

I hope for some solution.

Regards

Roberto11

3 REPLIES

Re: How to pick up an object without lifting it throu the table with process simulate human

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hi,

In PSH you are using the Task Simulation Builder to create the simulation?

The TSB allows for inserting via poses - which can be used e.g. to avoid collisions.

You can introduce these via poses already when creating the initial simulaiton.

You can also later edit the created tasks and add via poses as required.

Please see attached video for reference on the 2nd approach.

The Get and Put task have the human and object colliding - via poses are added to avoid these.

(view in My Videos)

Best regards,

Pelle

Pelle

Re: How to pick up an object without lifting it throu the table with process simulate human

Creator
Creator

Hi PelleAberg,

thank you for your response including the video.

In my opinion the "best practice" would be that the human model is able to recognize elements in its way (hands or whole body) and automatically avoiding any contact with them.

In other words, only contact something if being told by order! Otherwise avoid any contact with the surrounding. Walk arround or grasp arround etc.

Maybe one day the time will come. ;-)

Regadrs,

Roberto11

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Thanks Roberto, completely agree!

Automatic collision avoidance is something we'll most likely work on going forward.

Today we have some basic support for automatic collision free walk path generation:

TSB -> Simulation -> Manage Walk Obstacles.

In the future we want to leverage the "Kineo technology" used to realize the non human "Automatic Path Planner" - also in the context of human simulations.

Best regards,

Pelle