cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import a CAD-Model to '' Jack and Process Simulate Human ''

Creator
Creator

Hello everybody,

I want to draw a CAD-Model and then import that to JACK and evaluate its ergonomic aspects, which CAD Program is better for drawing , in order to all CAD-Information can be transfered and be read by JACK without loss? For example, is Creo Parametric (for drawing) good transferable to JACK?

Thank you.

9 REPLIES

Re: Import a CAD-Model to '' Jack and Process Simulate Human ''

Experimenter
Experimenter

Even I am trying to import files in standard 3d formats like STL, PLY, etc. Using the JACK import option the program hangs. Smiley Frustrated

Additionaly is there is any way to convert Jack .PSS files to .STL?

Pioneer
Pioneer

Is it compatible with google sketchup software?

I couldnot import any 3d drawing with 30 day trial which is in Jack training files directory. It gives error msg.

Creator
Creator

Hello,

After this Post I tried on a full version of JAck, I made my Cad-Modell in Pro-Engineer and then I saved that as '' STL '' Format and then Imported Cad-Modell in JAck, that was sperfect and I had to only scale that in Jack.

Sincerely yours,

Pioneer
Pioneer

Which features did you use as Export unit (model units, meters, etc) and File format (binary or ASCII)?

Creator
Creator

sorry, I can nont remember that exactly, I made CAD-Model in Pro-Engineer, then I saved that in Pro-Engineer as '' STL '' file, but after importing that in JAck, it was too huge, then I made a Right-Click on that, then I choose scale and made that smaller, sometimes kann happen, after importing in JAck, your CAD-Model is too small,that you can not even see that, in this case go to View/ Object Hierarchy. Then you can find your CAD-Modell, then make a Right-Click on that, and choose '' Scale '', now you can make your modell bigger.

Sincerely yours,

Pioneer
Pioneer

I converted my cad picture to stl but when i try to import it to jack it gives the error below.

Experimenter
Experimenter

I think on free version, external files cant be imported. 

The native visualization format of Jack is .JT I believe which is quite light weight. Any idea which 3D programs can be used to design and export a 3D environment in .JT format?

Pioneer
Pioneer

I think so demo version doesnt allow cad model translate. In addition, it may be arisen from win 8.1.

Creator
Creator

Hi,

before I had access to a student version, and I could not import at all in JAck-Student-Version. As far as I remember can, In Jack-Manual there was an explaintion concerning Importing. And the process of Impoting was so explained,that man as the last step should click on '' Translate '', but this option '' Translate '' was for me in Student-Version of Jack deactive or invisible! then I supposed,that most probably the student version is restricted from Importing!

Sincerely yours,