Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interpreting CAD files

Creator
Creator

Hello, 

I am working on the JackScript and trying to create an add-on. I am still in the starting stage but I wanted to understand how does Jack Human interprets a CAD file. Are the coordinates of the CAD model linked or provided to the Jack Human to perform IK motions?

Thank you,

Mihir

4 REPLIES

Re: Interpreting CAD files

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

Hi Mihir,

CAD data does not get imported to Jack with kinematic information.

To articulate a CAD kinematic linkage, import the individual parts, and joint them via the Object | Joint | Create Joint functionality.

Once you create the linkage chain, you can posture it via forward or inverse kinematics.

For control of the linkage via JackScript, forward kinematics (explicitly setting the joint angles) will be the most robust.

UlrichRaschke

Creator
Creator

Hi Ulrich,

Thank you for your response. I want to know how does the Jack Human gets to know about the position of the object when we tell it to reach it? There will be a script for it which calculates the distance between the object & human and then generates the IK scheme for the human. Can I know where can I access this script file? Like its name? I am a Mechanical Engineering graduate student at Oregon State University and my research is in the field of human-centered design. I am working on Jack for my research and I am trying to develop plug-ins for the software. Can you please help me with my questions? 

Thank you,

Mihir

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

Hi Mihir,

Your question is a bit out of scope of this forum.

Please share your contact email so we can exchange directly how Jack might be used for your project.

UlrichRaschke

Creator
Creator

Hello Raschke,

Here is my contact email: gawandm@oregonstate.edu

Thank you very much for your consideration.

Regards,

Mihir