Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JACK 8.4 TSB REPORT ERGONOMICS METRICS - EXCEL ISSUES

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi everyone.

I have an issues with REPORT ERGONOMICS METRICS on excel report. When I generate report Jack make 2 files, one of them *.csv and PDA_TEMPLATE, when i move to PDA_TEMPLATE to view the report, excel display "invalid reference".

Investigate this one, and i saw that de RAWDATA sheet haven't data at all.

So, how i fix this?

i'm running jack 8.4 over Win10 64bits and MS EXCEL 2016

Thanks

3 REPLIES

Re: JACK 8.4 TSB REPORT ERGONOMICS METRICS - EXCEL ISSUES

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hi,

When the .csv file is generated by Jack, it should be automatically opened in Excel.

Once in Excel, do you see a warning - something like:

ScreenHunter_1657 Jul. 30 23.07.jpg

If so, please enable content/allow macros.

Then try to create the report from Jack once more.

Hopefully this will cure the problem.

Best regards,

Pelle

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi Pelle

Thanks for your quick answer.

I do have excel macros enable (globally, so this seem very tricky issue

cheers

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

Hello,

I have also copied some details from our documentation to help with this issue.  I hope it is running as expected for you!

Creating a Report:

The Report Ergonomic Metrics tool presents data in two ways; a raw data file (.csv) and a graphical report, which uses a Microsoft Excel Macro to format the contents of the raw data file. Users who have Microsoft Excel installed on their machines will be able to launch the graphical report in Excel. When Save Report is clicked, you will be prompted to select a location and name to save the raw data file (.csv).

With Excel installed, a formatted report will automatically open, pulling information from the raw data file to populate the report. The first time you create a report, it is likely that you will see the message below. There will be a series of warnings to click through. When done, you will also need to click “Enable Macro”. We recommend that you re-save the report from TSB after the Macro has been enabled to ensure complete transfer of data.

Saving a Report:

When you click to ‘Save Report’ from the Report Ergonomics Metrics dialog, a .csv text file is saved. This file is launched into the Excel template to populate the graphs and tables shown above. If you wish to save the formatted report, you will need to do so in Microsoft Excel. Once saved in Excel, this new file will contain all report data. It is recommended that you save the report as “.xlsm” (Excel Macro-Enabled workbook).