Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jack Mocap Communication Tracking

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi,

I'm using the Mocap Communication Protocol to stream tracking data to Jack.Follow the API,I open the Mocap Tracking dialog form Modules | Motion Capture | Communication Protocol | Tracking Setup.1.PNG

In Figure Setup ,click Add.

2.PNG

When I select Subject Root, but, there is no one for me to select. I am sure I do all that things following the API.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks for your help

Best regards

Jeremy

14 REPLIES

Re: Jack Mocap Communication Tracking

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Have you created and selected a Jack Human Figure already, before starting the motion capture?

If there is no human model yet, it makes sense you can't select any right?

Hope this helps,

Thomas Musters, Virtual Reality development for Design & Engineering, ASML

Production: {NX9, VisMockup, Unity}

Development: {C#, Java, VB} Testing: {-none-}

Experimenter
Experimenter

Dear Thomas,

Thanks for your help.

I tried again, created and selected a Jack Human Figure before starting the regislation. But it didn't make any difference. I wonder if there is any other possible reasons?

By the way, I'm using a Third Party equipment to track motions. And this equipment is NOT mentioned in the Jack guidence. Have you ever used any kind of Third Party equipment?

I attached the guidence I'm using.

Best wishes,

Jeremy

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I have only used ART tracking, but not yet with Jack, but I have been looking into this the past two months. The most complete list of supported hardware i found in PLM Learning advantage training for Process Simulate Human, which overlaps 99% with Jack.

These 3rd systems (besides the natively supported MotionAnalysis and Vicon) are compatible

A.R.T.
    Biosyn Systems, Inc.
    InterSense, Inc.
    MotionWerx (Animazoo)
    PhaseSpace, Inc.
    XSens

Are you using any of these, and if not, can you tell me which one you are using?

Kind regards,

Experimenter
Experimenter

Dear Thomas,

Thank you for your reply!

The hardware I'm using is Perception Neuron. It's made in China and here is the support link for it:

https://neuronmocap.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

I have tried it both with Jack and Process Simulate Human, neither of them works.

In my mind, if I can get the specific data format Jack needs(according to the guidence), then it can work with Jack. Am I wrong with that? Do I need to use the exact hardware mentioned in the guidence?

Best regards,

Jeremy

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I get your reasoning, but the third-party tracking software has to be configured with the Jack API in order to send signals that Jack understands. I'm not sure if it's up to Siemens or Perception Neuron to get this working, but I'm sure it has to be done. You could try translating the data yourself, but you'd need to be a brilliant programmer.

As the manual suggests: "You can contact your motion capture device manufacturer or christina.cort@siemens.com to learn which devices are currently supported through this API."

The document is from 2013 so there's a decent change you can still reach Christina to ask if what you want is possible.

I do know there is software that supports additional tracking devices, but I'm not sure perception Neuron is one of them.

They are:

*WorldViz (official siemens partner)

*TechViz

Both of these offer a free trial, so if you have the time, you could try it out.

Hope this helps,

Experimenter
Experimenter

Dear Thomas:

I have tried translating the data by myself.But,there was a question when I tried to setup tracking.I will adopt your advice to contact Jack or neuron manufacturer. Anyway,thanks for your help.

Best wishes

Jeremy

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

Hi all,

Noitom (Perceptron Neuron) has recently become a Siemens partner.  

Please contact me via email if you are interested in trying our prototype driver (Compatable with Jack v8.4, and available for PS).

Thank you,

christina.cort@siemens.com

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Just out of curiosity, is it also available for Classic Jack in Visualization Mockup?

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

Motion Tracking and the Noitom driver is supported on the ClassicJack and Process Simulate products. Motion tracking is not available for TC VisJack or NX Jack.

UlrichRaschke