cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jack and Optitrack Tracking Tools

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to integrate Jack with Optitrack Tracking Tools. Is there a native application or is necessary an additional applications? 

Thank you!

2 REPLIES

Re: Jack and Optitrack Tracking Tools

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

Hi UnivpmDamiano,

Through the Motion Capture Toolkit add-on, a broad range of motion capture devices are supported.This add-on includes a 3rd party communication interface, that allows partners to develop an interface. Unfortunately, the OptiTrack system is currently not one of the system interfaces available.

There are a few options for support:

1. Have Optitrack join the Siemens PL Partner program, allowing them to develop an interface.

2. Develop the interface yourselves -  licensed users of the Motion Capture Toolkit add-on have access to the Mocap Communcation protocol.

3. Use the JackScript Python interface to develop your own connection (real-time performance may be limited)

UlrichRaschke

Re: Jack and Optitrack Tracking Tools

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thank UlrichRaschke for your clear answer, 

I could develop the communication interface, customized to my needs.

But I'm also thinking to another type of integration not in real-time. So can I use the JackScript Python interface to develop a system able to take a recorded trajectory from Optitrack and play it with the manikin into Jack?

Thank you