cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in creating human in process simulate

Solution Partner Genius Solution Partner Genius
Solution Partner Genius

We are trying do a ergonomic study on an assembly process in "Process Simulate Standalone v11.1", but while creating Human in the software we are getting an error. Error file has been attached. Looking for solution for the same.

The system configuration is Windows 7 64 bit,8 GB RAM

Thank you in advance

10 REPLIES

Re: Problem in creating human in process simulate

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

Hi, 

1) Copy the jack.cojt from:
    $InstallationPath$\Tecnomatix\eMPower\Human\HUMAN_MODELS\jack.cojt

To the location indicated by the error message (in this case):
    D:\temp\Libraries\HUMAN_MODELS\jack.cojt

2)
   Define this to be a human model in your project, by invoking: "Define Component Type".
   Browse to the Jack.cojt folder you just copied.
   Select the type "Human" and press OK.

From now on you should be able to create a human model.

Best regards,
Pelle

Solution Partner Genius

Hello PelleAberd,

Thank you for the the steps, we successfully executed step 1 but we are not able to execute Step 2. Please share with us the details to "how to Define Components" in "Process Simulate Standalone v11.1".

We are new to "Process Simulate Standalone v11.1" but we have worked on Jack for Human simulation.

Thank you

Siemens Genius
Hi again, When in PS Standalone, open the Tools -> Customize menu. Locate the "Define Component Type" command. Drag the command to a menu or toolbar. Close the Customization dialog. Invoke the "Define Component Type" command. Browse to the Jack.cojt folder you just copied. Select the "Human" type. Press OK. A couple of attached snapshots illustrate the process. Best regards, Pelle

Solution Partner Genius

Hello PelleAberg

Thank you for the steps which explains how  to "Define the component type" in "Process Simulate Standalone v11.1".Now  We are able to bring "Human" into the study/software by simple drag and drop procedure, but while creating human from "Create Human" option we are still facing the same error. The screenshot of error file has been attached herewith. We request you to kindly share the procedure to solve this problem.

Many thanks in advance

Siemens Genius

Hi again, 

We can set up a remote meeting to look at the issue together.

Feel free to contact me directly: perolof.aberg@siemens.com, +46 702254 753.

You can also take a look at the attached video.

It shows that the default human "search path" is a function of the Disconnected system root + the Human Options human model path. 

Best regards, 

Pelle

Solution Partner Genius

Thank you so much for the video file. We are now able to create human via "Create Human" command.

Thank you again.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello, I have the same porblem, but I can't invoke the "Define Component Type" command, it's not klickable ;-), what I am doing wrong?

Siemens Genius
Hi,

Please let me know what PS version you are working in.
Also let me know, are you working in PS Standalone/Disconnected/eMS/TC mode?

If you are working in PS Standalone/Disconnected please assure that you have loaded or created a study.
If you are working in eMS mode, there is a similar command called "Create Engineering Library..." that should be used instead of "Define Component Type..."

Best regards,
Pelle

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello Pelle,

thanks for the fast reply, we are using PS11 in eMS mode. I found the commands, now it's working! Thank you!!!