Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process Simulate - Ergonomic Report

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi all,

I would like to know if there is a way to generate an ergonomic report while working in line simulation mode. I am able to get NIOSH and OWAS reports at the end of a simulation in standard mode (without using TSB). Now, I wonder if it is possible to get results for an event based simulation, in order to evaluate the effects of repetitive tasks over the simulation time and also consider human operations that occur depending on LB exits.

Thank you

3 REPLIES

Re: Process Simulate - Ergonomic Report

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hi,

Unfortunately the human operations are not well supported in the Line Simulation mode.

If you are able to share your study - I can take a look to see if there is something we can do with reasonable efforts to support the ergonomic reports you need.

Best regards,

Pelle

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi Pelle,

since human operations are not well supported in line simulation mode, as you said, I am performing ergonomic analyses on a very simple case, in order to check if I can get the results I need. This is the scenario: Jack walks to a position, lifts a box ("place object" and "release object at the end of the operation") and then comes back to the initial position. In line simulation mode, this "cycle" can be repeated until you stop the simulation. Is it possible to get an ergonomic report (OWAS, EAWS, NIOSH...) for each cycle (using Process Simulate commands or Microsoft Visual Studio .NET to integrate commands in PS)? I hope I made myself clear.

Thank you in advance,

Valentina

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Thanks Valentina, understood.

The "regular non TSB" human reports are triggered by the "simulation end" event.

In Line Simulation mode, I believe there is no such event - so the standard reports will not be generated.

There may be some other options.

First - the EAWS report is a bit different, and I believe you should be able to use it also in Line Simulation mode.

Invoke the EAWS command.

Select the Human to analyze

At the bottom of the dialog you have a "Record Task" button

Press the "Record button"

Start the Line Simulation

When you are done - Press the "Stop record" button

This should render a long EAWS task list.

On the Data page you can press "Merge Tasks" - in order to reduce the number of EAWS tasks (identical consequtive tasks will be merged). You can also "Send to EAWSDigital" in order to make any post processing/investigation.

If you are willing to use the .NET API you may also be able to query some of the human ergonomic data during a Line Simulation run. I'll send you some documentation for the Human .NET API in a separate mail.

Best regards,

Pelle