Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TSB: Report Ergonomic metrics issue

Creator
Creator

Hi,

I am working on the TSB tutorial that is provided with Jack 8.4. At the end of the tutorial, it talks about creating the Ergonomic metrics report. However, after I save the csv file it opens up the file in excel and gives the following message.

TSB issue.PNG

After this it gives n number of error messages which I click ok on as recommended in the tutorial. However, the excel sheets aren't updated as every report in excel shows as 100%. I have enabled Macros on Excel as well but even then it doesn't show the updated report. Has anyone else also faced this issue?

Thank you,

Mihir

3 REPLIES

Re: TSB: Report Ergonomic metrics issue

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hi,

This could be because of a known problem with the ergonomics report and the Windows decimal separator.

This issue have been adressed in CJ 9.0.

If you are not able to upgrade to 9.0 please try the below:

Enter Control Panel and click the [Region] settings

In Region - click the [Additional Settings] button.

Check the Decimal symbol

It cannot be set to a comma ","

If it is - please try changing it to a dot "." instead

If this doesn't help - did you already check the things mentioned in the error message with respect to the .csv file you saved. E.g. check that the file is indeed generated in a folder which is not readonly and that it does not contain any of the characters mentioned etc.?

Best regards,

Pelle

Creator
Creator

Hi Pelle,

Thank you for your prompt reply. I study at Oregon State University and we have Jack 8.4 installed in our lab PCs. I don't know if we will allowed to upgrade the software. I checked the decimal symbol and it is '.' in the PC that I am using for Jack. So, I assume that is not a problem. After going through the excel sheets I found that the raw data for the PDA_template is actually saved as a different file so I copied that raw data into the raw data sheet in the PDA_template file and the 'Posture and Task Demands' & 'Reach Metrics' sheet were able to take reference from this data and produce the results. However, there is one more sheet called the 'Debugsheet 1' which remains blank and I see that a lot of values mentioned in the 'Debugsheet 2' are referencing their values in the 'Debugsheet 1' using the OFFSET function in excel. This might be an issue with how the .csv file is formed after ergonomic metrics report is saved.

I am trying to understand and edit each of this values accordingly. But do you know if there is an quick fix for that?

Thank you,

Mihir

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hi again,

Hmm... Not sure what the problem is.

Are you able to share the .tsf file with me ?

perolof.aberg@siemens.com

Best regards,

Pelle