cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tecnomatix Jack ergonomic parameters for new type of vehicle

Experimenter
Experimenter

I am designing an experiment to investigate the ergonomics for a new type of vehicle.  I need the ranges that will be the most ergonomically feasable for the steering, foot rests and lower back.  The steering mechanism and foot pedal placement and design depend on my analysis and the ranges I come up with.  Is there a way to come up with the ranges in a simulation that can be put into tables?

thank you,

Anita

4 REPLIES

Re: Tecnomatix Jack ergonomic parameters for new type of vehicle

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

Hello,

Are you familiar with our Occupant Packaging Toolkit add-on for Jack?  This is licensed seperately.  Some of the featurtes which may be helpful to you are:

Posture prediction

• Predicts the location of the human model within a vehicle package, taking into account the size of the virtual human and the packaging layout

• Automatically positions drivers and passengers in both front and rear seats

SAE packaging guidelines

The SAE packaging guidelines tool implements 28 of the SAE recommended practices for various driver and vehicle design attributes. With this tool you can:

• Create geometry in Jack to identify zones where physical features such as eyes, head clearance and fingers would be located for 95 to 99 percent of the population

• Create geometry to identify locations for vehicle attributes such as the seat, steering wheel, armrest, gear shift, wiper and defroster zones

• Evaluate alternate designs just by modifying the critical reference points

More information can be found here: http://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/en_us/products/tecnomatix/assembly_planning/jack/#lightview%26...

If you have an OPT license, the OPT documentation includes more information and tutorials.

I hope this is helpful...

Christina

Siemens Genius

One additional suggestion to mention.... in OPT, there are some benchmark vehicles.  Perhaps you could look at the ranges covered by those....

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi, where do I find the benchmark vehicles?

Also, I'm use the OPT and the SAE Package Guidelines and trying to make the guidelines fit to my vehicle.  Its not really working though because the standard is a car.  Any suggestions regarding this issue?

Siemens Genius

The benchmark vehicles are in OPT-> Posture Prediction Tool - > Task Entry Tab.  Look at the drop down list for “Existing Vehicle”, there are several options to choose from.

Another tool you may find useful, if not designing a conventional vehicle is the seated posture prediction…. Open the Human Control Panel and Select “Seated” for Prediction Method.   In the Control Panel docs, there is a bit more info about the Seated mode prediction, if interested.  This will allow you to predict postures while reaching/grasping to various points in your vehicle design.