Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Oculus Rift in Jack

Experimenter
Experimenter

Dear all,

I'm looking for information concerning the implementation of Jack software into an Oculus Rift HMD and the Oculus Rift Tracking camera, also which Data Gloves works with Jack, im trying to create a training room using HMD and Data Gloves technology

3 REPLIES

Re: Using Oculus Rift in Jack

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Do you want to use Jack outside of the Siemens softwares for development with Oculus rift, or do you want to use the Oculus Rift to create a VR environment where you can view Jack within the Siemens software?

Thomas Musters, Virtual Reality development for Design & Engineering, ASML

Production: {NX9, VisMockup, Unity}

Development: {C#, Java, VB} Testing: {-none-}

Experimenter
Experimenter
Hello,

I'm actually interested in the answer to this question. I would like to use Oculus Rift to create a VR environment to use in Jack. I would like to be able to use the motion capture features along with VR to record my actor's actions for Jack while my actor sees the environment in Jack. Is this possible?

Thanks

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

This scenario is possible, however the ClassicJack tool does not support the Oculus. Instead, a  HMD would need to be used that does not require special graphics level conditioning (barrel distortion). For example the Sensics dSite could be used.

Some users have been successful using the early DK1 and DK2 versions of the Oculus with legacy Oculus drivers (v0.4.3.1) on Win7. However this solution is not compatible with Win10 and unknown if it works with recent release Oculus Rift hardware.

UlrichRaschke