Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

link operation up stairs with TSB

Pioneer
Pioneer

hi everybody,

I'm working with Process Simulate 14 just few days. Since yesterday I've tried to link operation up stairs with TSB. But it didn't work. 

Could you tell me, how I can do this?

Thank you in advance for your help.

8 REPLIES

Re: link operation up stairs with TSB

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hi,

It is not possible to create an Elevation transition operation in a TSB simulation. You can however Link the Elevation Transition operation between TSB simulations. The important point to make is that you need to wrap the TSB simulations in compound operations in order to link them. See e.g. below We have one top node compound operation, this hosts theree compound operation children. The first child compound contain a TSB simulation, the 2nd child contain the non TSB operations, the third child contains another TSB simulation. You can then create links between these compound operations in the Sequence Editor to dictate the flow:

ScreenHunter_178 Oct. 25 10.28.jpg

See also, a related reply and video at:

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Jack-Human-Simulation-Forum/Problems-with-Elevation-...

Best regards,

Pelle

Pioneer
Pioneer

thanks Pelle.

you save my day. Smiley Very Happy

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi Pelle,

I did like what you said, but I have another problem. I created a TSB1 to pick a box, then Jack goes up stairs with the box. There Jack should put the box.

But when I finish one TSB and create a new one. System reports that I have to define a get task for Jack. Actually Jack holds the box already. 

Unbenannt.PNG

I tried that I defined first a get task and a put task. But when Jack goes down, the box goes down too although I deleted the carried object for "transition down stairs". 

What should I do here?

Smiley Sad

Siemens Legend

Hi again,

Understood, actually this is "working as desgined".

Each TSB simulation is it's "own world".

That is, when you create a new TSB Simulation - This simulation will not know if an object was "Get" in a preceeding TSB simulation / Non TSB Human operation.

That is, in this case you would need to create a "dummy GET" as the first task in the second TSB simulation.

For what it's worth - in the coming PS 14.0.1 release, this has been adressed to some degree.

In this release you can dictate the initial state for a human or an object.

You can e.g. state that at the start of the simulation a human is already carrying an object.

Best regards,

Pelle

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi Pelle,

thank you for your answer.

"You can e.g. state that at the start of the simulation a human is already carrying an object" that you mean "set initial context"? or? 

Best regards

Elisha

Siemens Legend

Hi again,

Almost, but not quite.

This is a new feature enabled only from the upcoming 14.0.1 release.

Here there will be two new options to set the initial state for humans and objects:

ScreenHunter_179 Oct. 25 15.36.jpgScreenHunter_180 Oct. 25 15.36.jpg

Pioneer
Pioneer
wow, how coolllll.
When does version 14.0.1 release? Smiley Very Happy

Siemens Legend

Happy you find it of interest Smiley Happy

PS 14.0.1 is scheduled to be released November 30th