cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

manipulating objects

Creator
Creator

Dear All,

I am working on a project with Process simulate 11.1TR3.

Basically Jack has to get an object with the right hand and manipulateS it.

I use human--> human postures-->human posturing-->jont log, and with a consecution of postures that avoid ostacles I place Jack's hand close to the object.

Then i use human-->reach object--> grasp wizard (mutual grasp) and jack grasps the object

Now I am tryng to make jack maniplates the opbject by using 'human posturing' but with poor results: when I change the arm position even of few centimeters jack reach the new arm posture using weird and long path.

Sometimens I can not even manipulate the posture after grasping the object because i can not move the cursor of the joints in the joint log box.

Is it correct the procedure I'm using to make jack moves and manipulates objects? Do you have any better solution?

Bests,

Umbe

4 REPLIES

Re: manipulating objects

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Hi Umbe,

The common procedure is to let the object more or less dictate Jack's posture through inverse kinematics.

For example, if you want Jack to use a power tool, you should first make sure that Jack has grasped it. The tool should be attached to an appropriate site, e.g. the palm center. Then you move the tool to the target position and let Jack adjust its posture.

It takes some practice to get a good looking result. You may need to specify some intermediate postures to get it realistic enough.

Regards,

Gert Nomden

Gert Nomden
Senior Consultant | Tecnomatix Product Manager
cardsplmsolutions.com

Creator
Creator

Hi Gert,

Thank You for the fast answer.

I used to manipulate the object in that way, the problem is that in this case even selecting the option "fixed position" Jack moves his trunk and his pelvis causing the contact with the close structure (see image).

Do you think the only solution would be using this indirect kinematics and move Jack a bit backward? Do I have any other more realistic alternatives?

Because with inverse kinematics there is no way to change the posture afterwards.

Bests,

Umbe

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Hi Umbe,

At this moment I only have the standalone Jack installation running (but PS Human offers mostly the same options). There I have the option "Change final posture" when I create/edit a Put-task. This option allows me to move the pelvis a bit, or to implement a thigh brace, to a point where it looks fine (it opens the Human control panel). A slight touching of the abdomen with a table may not be a problem.

In my experience inverse kinematics gives the best posturing results.

Regards,

Gert Nomden

Gert Nomden
Senior Consultant | Tecnomatix Product Manager
cardsplmsolutions.com

Creator
Creator

Hi Gert,

Thank You for the answer, I think I will keep using the indirect kinematics then.

Bests,

Umbe