Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parasolid Version 31.1 Release Highlights

Siemens Theorist Siemens Theorist
Siemens Theorist

Parasolid Version 31.1 Release Highlights

Parasolid version 31.1 delivers support on 64-bit Android hardware and enhancements to classic B-rep and facet B-rep functionality. Version 31.1 also includes enhancements to Parasolid’s architectural foundations to support Convergent Modeling. Specific enhancements include:

Android Support Added

Parasolid v31.1 is the first production release supported on Android 64-bit ARM devices, running Android 5.0 or later. Parasolid is built using NDK 16b and the Clang compiler and tested on Motorola Z2 phones. This reflects the growing interest amongst our customers in providing fully-functional, Parasolid-based applications on mobile devices.

Model Editing and Blending

• When patching a hole and specifying G1 continuity at the boundary, if the operation is partially successful because of the configuration, a new control makes it possible to return a body with as many G1 continuous edge as possible and a list of edges that do not meet the G1 criteria.
  • Multiple interacting chains of apex range chamfers may now be created, removing the previous “two edges at a vertex” restriction.
  • Faces in a general body may now be transformed.

Parasolid-v311-image 1.jpg

Transforming a face in a general body

Sheet Modeling & Imprinting

• When knitting bodies together, it is now possible to specify the type of the resultant body as: solid, sheet, general, or original.
  • Perspective projection is added to enable curves to be projected onto a target from a given eye point, complementing the existing normal and vector projection techniques.
  • Perspective outline has been enhanced to support a broad range of complex configurations.

Parasolid-v311-image 2.jpg

Perspective projection

Facet Modeling

• When importing facet data, the creation of the mesh may be delayed until it is needed.
  • Three edge blends may now be created, where one edge has a different convexity to the other two.
  • Constant apex range chamfers may now be created on facet geometry.
  • Notch overflow configurations are now supported for mesh blends.
  • Meshes may now be knitted together.

v311 press email - image 2.jpg

Blending three edges with different convexity

Further information

Comments
Dreamer
Dreamer

Hi,

Is Parasolid Version 31.1 compatible with Parasolid Version 31.0? Should we have to consume Parasolid Version 31.1 when reading a ps file ? (currently we are using 31.0 to read and write ps file)

Thank you.

Martin

Siemens Theorist

Is Parasolid Version 31.1 compatible with Parasolid Version 31.0? Should we have to consume Parasolid Version 31.1 when reading a ps file ? (currently we are using 31.0 to read and write ps file)

Thank you.

Martin

Hi Martin.

Parasolid is data compatible upwards and downwards. That means, files XT created by v31.0 can be read by v31.1 and XT files created by v31.1 can be read by v31.0. 

Parasolid is also API plug-compatible upwards. That means, you can swap Parasolid v31.1 into a v31.0 based applciation with full confidence that API functions used in v31.0 will behave exactly the same in v31.1.

So, you don't need to upgrade from v31.0 tio v31.1 for data compatibility reasons, but as soon as you are ready, you can upgrade with minimal effort to get the new functionality delivered in v31.1.

Hope this helps

Dreamer
Dreamer

Thank you for the reply! 

I created a x_t file v31.1 and however the geometry is lost when I used v31.0 to read it. Is it possible that you can help to confirm whether this is a compactible issue?

I can't attach the x_t file so I pasted the file contents here:

[

**ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz**************************
**PARASOLID !"#$%&'()*+,-./:;<=>?@[\]^_`{|}~0123456789**************************
**PART1;

[removed by moderator]

891 81 1 878 8 311 11 890 16 0 0 892 83 1 892 0 83 3 891 .96078431372549 .96078
431372549 .96078431372549 84 9 15 ASM_Color74 20 9 1 0 0 10 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 84 9 8 ASM_Color1 0

]

Thank you!

Martin

Siemens Theorist

I created a x_t file v31.1 and however the geometry is lost when I used v31.0 to read it. Is it possible that you can help to confirm whether this is a compactible issue?

Martin

It is extremely unlikely that this is a compatibility issue. This isn't a support site, so please contact parasolid.support.plm@siemens.com