cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I like curve machining capability on NX CAM. It gives you more flexibility to generate tool path using 2D or 3D curves( milling or Turining or even drilling. NO need to create 3D models where it does not add any value. Also many times 3D models are not available for certein types of jobs or situations where NC programmer need to deliver NC codes to shop floor without waiting for 3D models and just using CURVES !!!!

BR
Mak
TC10/NX 9

My favorite feature in NX CAM - Curve Machining

Genius

I like curve machining capability on NX CAM. It gives you more flexibility to generate tool path using 2D or 3D curves( milling or Turining or even drilling. NO need to create 3D models where it does not add any value. Also many times 3D models are not available for certein types of jobs or situations where NC programmer need to deliver NC codes to shop floor without waiting for 3D models and just using CURVES !!!!

BR
Mak
TC10/NX 9
Comments
Pioneer

Please let me know where to find this Curve Machining. What version was it new in?

Thanks,

Cyl

VIP

@cyl I think the reference is about being able to machine points, curves, and edges in general, without requiring a solid model. In NX, if all you have is a 2D drawing or 3D wireframe, you don't need to model a solid - just pick what you have. If you need a plane, pick whatever is convenient - a face, 2 lines, Z coordinate -- you don't need to create a plane first.

Aside from all the boundary based operations, one hidden gem to look at would be the Curve/Point drive method in Surface Contouring. You can pick points, curves, and edges; and cut them where they are or project them to a part. When picking, you you can use the curve rules in selection intent (connected, tangent, ...), or even feature curves to pick the curves in a modeling feature, such as text. Powerful stuff for the creative user :*)

Genius

Hi Mark,

You described it well...Thanks for saving my efforts !

Mak

Pioneer

Oh.. I thought there was some kind of new feature I didn't know about.

Sorry for the trouble.

Cyl