Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My favorite thing - Post Bulder

by PLM World Member Legend PLM World Member Legend on ‎12-23-2014 09:56 AM

Many people do not realize that the CAM part of CAD/CAM relies on communication between the CAM side of NX and the Machine tool in the shop that actually machines the part. The Post processor is the interpreter that takes the tool paths created in NX and outputs something a specific machine tool can use. Post Builder allows the user to customize the output not only to something a machine tool understands but, sometimes more importantly, in a format that the machine tool operator expects to see. Without an effective post processor all you get from your CAD/CAM system are pretty pictures

John Joyce, Manufacturing Engineer,
Senior Aerospace Connecticut
www.senioraeroct.com
Production: NX10.0.3.5, Vericut 8.0
Development: Tcl/Tk
Testing: NX11.0.1
Comments
by Phenom
on ‎01-07-2015 03:09 PM

I strongly agree that post builder is well thought out and a great tool considering the (probably) little budget that was available to develop it. If like ICAM there had been a large initial fee and maintenance money available to develop it - they would probably have more machine ready posts so that users would have little to complain about - but I think you get a lot for what money they have had to work with. TCL was a great choice for a script language too (in my opinion.)