cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm a recent convert to the power of sequential mill. For years I avoided it because I'd heard it was cumbersome, difficult to learn and headed for the dustbin. Sure, contour profile is relatively fast and easy but doesn't work so well when you want to start or end at particular spot (like corner picking).We recently recieved an NX file from a customer for one of their parts. It was programmed in NX4 and had hundreds of sequential mill operations. It was an education in just how much you can do with one toolpath. I also like how you can use almost anything, like a plane or a curve, to drive a tool.

Ray
NX9.0.3.4 MP1

sequential mill

Pioneer

I'm a recent convert to the power of sequential mill. For years I avoided it because I'd heard it was cumbersome, difficult to learn and headed for the dustbin. Sure, contour profile is relatively fast and easy but doesn't work so well when you want to start or end at particular spot (like corner picking).We recently recieved an NX file from a customer for one of their parts. It was programmed in NX4 and had hundreds of sequential mill operations. It was an education in just how much you can do with one toolpath. I also like how you can use almost anything, like a plane or a curve, to drive a tool.

Ray
NX9.0.3.4 MP1
Comments
Creator

Any chance on getting that as a sample? Or any sample of what you are meaning.

Maybe i could use an epiphony on the subject also.

Experimenter

Sequential mill is a great tool, We have used it for years.  I wish they would reconsider supporting it again and enhance it.

VIP

JAD wrote:

Sequential mill is a great tool, We have used it for years. I wish they would reconsider supporting it again and enhance it.

Sequential Mill is completely supported, but there are no enhancements planned. It's very old, but it's rock solid and a powerfull operation for the advanced user, so we plan to leave it just as it is.