Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How to video: Post Configurator Session 6 - Inspect Tool/ extended Debugging

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

(view in My Videos)

Hello Community,

this session is an introduction in the Inspect Tool for Post Configurator released with NX12.0.2.

It will show how to modify/ change post processors with the new feature. The Inspect Tool have a lot of advantages instead of using the "old" Tcl Review Tool.

Slides with Step-by-Step are attached to this post.

Any feedback, questions or new ideas belonging the Inspect Tool are welcome.

Best regards

Thomas

7 REPLIES

Re: How to video: Post Configurator Session 6 - Inspect Tool/ extended Debugging

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

Hello, I have installed NX12.0.2 and I can't see the new inspection tool.

My library version says: 4.3.2 instead of 4.4.4

Do I need to set some variable?.  Should I install the PostConfigurator additionally?

Regards

Frank

Re: How to video: Post Configurator Session 6 - Inspect Tool/ extended Debugging

Siemens Legend

Hello @Frank,

if you use a postprocessor which was created in an earlier NX version it's needed to update the postprocessor to latest library version. So normally when you installed NX12.0.2 the libraries are updated in the mach/resource/post_configurator folder. That means if you create a new postprocessor this one should have version 4.4.4. Also we updated most of the OOTB sample machines to latest version.

Can you please check the version of the lib_sourcing.tcl?

Lib_update_1.jpg

If this is the case you can update your existing postprocessor with newest version. For this i've attached a small guide how to do.

Hope that will helps.

Edit: I recommend to do a backup of the existing postprocessor before executing the update.

Best regards

Thomas

Builder
Builder

Hi Thomas,

Thanks a lot for the video. However, it is unfortunate that my CAMExpress Advanced license does not allow me to see the debugging area. SiemensPLM's policy to not allow debugging for such a fundamentally important tool for developing your own post is questionable.

I've got back to work yesterday and have got the post working but without machine code. Am still working on it.

Thanks,

Best regards,
Naresh

Siemens Legend

Hi Naresh,

thanks for this honestly feedback about the licensing of features in Post Configurator. I don't want to start a discussion here about the license model and i will forward your feedback.

Not sure about the exact costs of the Full license but i think for the invest you get functionality which will help you. Maybe you can ask your local contact for a Testlicense and then decide it later how to go on there.

Best regards

Thomas

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

Thank you for your quick answer.

This solve my problem. In fact when I read you response then I realized that in the training course I learned how to update the post. I didn't be aware of the case when I read your first message.

Regards

Frank.

Genius
Genius

Hello Thomas

Could you make a video tutorial to explain the buffer and tag?

I am new to the TCL coding.

Sean

Siemens Legend

Hello Sean,

good idea Smiley Happy. I will try to do that soon.

Best regards

Thomas

Highlighted

How to video: Post Configurator Session 6 - Inspect Tool/ extended Debugging

Siemens Legend

(view in My Videos)

Hello Community,

this session is an introduction in the Inspect Tool for Post Configurator released with NX12.0.2.

It will show how to modify/ change post processors with the new feature. The Inspect Tool have a lot of advantages instead of using the "old" Tcl Review Tool.

Slides with Step-by-Step are attached to this post.

Any feedback, questions or new ideas belonging the Inspect Tool are welcome.

Best regards

Thomas

NX CAM Postprocessor Group
NX CAM Postprocessor Group

Members (148)