Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Post-Configurator Upgrade Best Practice?

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

We use a PC post in NX 10.0.3 MP19 that has the library release 4.4.3 and was created by an external consultant.

I can successfully open and edit this post with PC 12.0.1, which is shipping with library release 4.3.2.

If I try to open it with PC 12.0.2, library release 4.4.4, I receive an internal error.

What is now the best practice to get rid of the internal error in NX 12.0.2 without rendering the post unusable.

From my point of view opening the PC post in a newer release should work better then opening it in an older release, but currently this is not the case.

I know the upgrade procedure and have a utility to compare the folders containing the base layers, but I cannot look into the encrypted files. For example the libraries folder of the post contains the encrypted files as TBC, whereas the post-configurator folder contains PCE files of each TBC file. Both are encrypted and might have the same content in respect to their library release, but how to make sure everything works out correctly?

I know I can just contact the external provider, but I think this issue is of wider interest, so that users get a better overview of what using PC means.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.2, FBM, MRL 3.1.7 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 11.4
Development: C (ITK), .NET, Tcl/Tk Testing: NX12.0 | AWC 3.4 Preparing: NX12.0

Employees of the customers, together we are strong Smiley Wink
How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community
NX Customization - Best Practice Guide
1 REPLY

Re: Post-Configurator Upgrade Best Practice?

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for reporting this and we are aware of this issue and actively looking into this at the moment. We will keep you posted. 

Thanks and regards, 

Florian

Highlighted

Post-Configurator Upgrade Best Practice?

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

We use a PC post in NX 10.0.3 MP19 that has the library release 4.4.3 and was created by an external consultant.

I can successfully open and edit this post with PC 12.0.1, which is shipping with library release 4.3.2.

If I try to open it with PC 12.0.2, library release 4.4.4, I receive an internal error.

What is now the best practice to get rid of the internal error in NX 12.0.2 without rendering the post unusable.

From my point of view opening the PC post in a newer release should work better then opening it in an older release, but currently this is not the case.

I know the upgrade procedure and have a utility to compare the folders containing the base layers, but I cannot look into the encrypted files. For example the libraries folder of the post contains the encrypted files as TBC, whereas the post-configurator folder contains PCE files of each TBC file. Both are encrypted and might have the same content in respect to their library release, but how to make sure everything works out correctly?

I know I can just contact the external provider, but I think this issue is of wider interest, so that users get a better overview of what using PC means.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.2, FBM, MRL 3.1.7 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 11.4
Development: C (ITK), .NET, Tcl/Tk Testing: NX12.0 | AWC 3.4 Preparing: NX12.0

Employees of the customers, together we are strong Smiley Wink
How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community
NX Customization - Best Practice Guide
NX CAM Postprocessor Group
NX CAM Postprocessor Group

Members (145)