Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Post Configurator and Rotate UDE not correct

Creator
Creator

PP was created in PC. Head / Head C/B. Control started with Fanuc

While posting a file with multiple 5-axis operations I received a warning "Rotary Crossing limit" and "Previous rotary axis solution degenerated.

Setting the Rotate UDE to C-axis -180 output a G0 C-180 B90 but the next linear move is X.. Y.. Z.. C180 B90.

If I set Rotate UDE to Reference Only it also starts at C180.

I'm guessing PC is not setting previous out angle to the C-180 from Rotate UDE .

Has anyone had this issue?

Thanks in advance

Doug

13 REPLIES 13

Re: Post Configurator and Rotate UDE not correct

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

hi,

As I see yesterday you created the same post

While posting a file with multiple 5-axis operations I received a warning "Rotary Crossing limit" and "Previous rotary axis solution degenerated.

This is normal, not a problem, it depends on your kinematics and rotary limits.

It is not related only to postconfigurator.

Ude rotate vs postconfigurator - I have no experiece with ude rotate together with postconfigurator.

---------------------------------------------
#♫ PB, 5ax, itnc, nx, vericut ♫ #

Creator
Creator

The post was not in the Post Processor group and I didn't know how to change it. Sorry

This is not normal for my old PB post. It is a problem for me. We're making production trim programs and unwinds are unacceptable. When moving from one operation to the next I need to position C so it can complete the next path.

PC is seeing the Rotate UDE because it will post the move if reference is un checked. That is normal.

What is not normal is the next C & B need to be calculated from the value of the Rotate UDE.

I'm just digging into it.

thanks

Gears Phenom

As I remember in my cases (Postbuilder)

warning  - rotary crossing - I see it in postbuilder when C has limit for example -240+240

warning - previous solution degenerated - when previous position is not solution anymore,

A0C0 and then have to tilt A45 but need also rotate C to help.

These warnings are for internal purpose of postprocesor - rotary axis retract and rotary solutions.

In 5axis postprocessors they will be generated always. But in postbuilder we normaly dont see them in postconfigurator they are probably outputed by default.

I dont have problem, no unwinds (if I understood your meaning of unwind)

Sorry If I didnt help you This was only my observations and experience.

Creator
Creator

C axis goes -360 to +360

If my  previous operation leaves C at 180 and the next operation will move C 360 degrees I have to wind up to C0 or preferably C-180 to finish at C180. The cut path can't stop at C360 pull out and resume at C0.

I'll have to dig into PC and see if I can modify what it does with the rotate UDE.

Thanks for  your observation.

Legend
Legend

Hello

Have you tried to set all the rotary axis with rotate.

one ude for C-Axis and one for the B-axis

In my cases it works.

Regards

Creator
Creator

Yes I have with no success. PC sees the Rotate and outputs the move with Reference only un-checked. C-180

N30 (TCP,1)

N32 G0 G90 C-180. B0.

N34 S15000 M3 M34

N36 G94 G1 X-6.2543 Y6.75 Z8. C180. B45. F600.

N38 Z0.5

It then positions the next linear move to C180. When you toolpath simulate it positions to C-180. B45. which is correct.

I know Rotate has been fickle in the past depending on which machine I have loaded. Sometimes I've had to make geometry and an operation to wind up C where I need it to start. That was with a PB post.

The above output, toolpath simulate, and the review tool tell me PC sees the Rotate UDE, outputs the angle but doesn't remember C is at -180 and moves to C180.

I need more debug info!

Thanks

Gears Phenom

maybe there is some proc for reseting motion values in backround (?)

Legend
Legend
Reset the axis to Zero is done before the UDE's

Legend
Legend
This is a Bug in PC.!
Rotate works only for 0 to 360
Highlighted

Post Configurator and Rotate UDE not correct

Creator
Creator

PP was created in PC. Head / Head C/B. Control started with Fanuc

Setting the Rotate UDE to C-axis -180 output a G0 C-180 B90 but the next linear move is X.. Y.. Z.. C180 B90.

If I set Rotate UDE to Reference Only it also starts at C180.

I'm guessing PC is not setting previous out angle to the C-180 from Rotate UDE .

Has anyone had this issue?

Thanks in advance

Doug

NX CAM Postprocessor Group
NX CAM Postprocessor Group

Members (201)