Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Variable for last tool in program?

Legend
Legend

I am attempting to create a check block in post builder. I am looking for a way to define that the tool being used is the last one in the program.

Something similar to ($mom_current_oper_is_last_oper_in_program) for example. Except not for the last operation, but the last tool. 

Glenn Balon
Production: NX 12.0.2 MP2 Primarily CAM
6 REPLIES

Re: Variable for last tool in program?

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

If the current operation is the last one then the tool in use would also be the last tool.  I guess it depends on where your looking for this info and what you need to do wih it.

John Joyce, Manufacturing Engineer,
Senior Aerospace
Statements and opinions are mine alone and do not reflect
the opinion of my employer or any other member of the human race

Legend
Legend

I want to turn of the precall of the tool for the last tool. Usually the posts output the first tool in program as a precall after the last tool call is called. 

We are always switching programs, so the last precall is a waste. 

Glenn Balon

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

ScreenHunter_04 Jun. 22 13.47.gif

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Looks good , what happens if you use the 1st tool more than once during the course of your program?

John Joyce, Manufacturing Engineer,
Senior Aerospace
Statements and opinions are mine alone and do not reflect
the opinion of my employer or any other member of the human race

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

It is a checking to see if there is a next tool to be changed to. If it is the last tool in the program, the next tool status would be the first tool. I can't see why it would make a differance if you use the tool multiple times. Either there is another tool change before the program ends (NEXT) or ther is not (FIRST).

Legend
Legend

OK looks good good! I tested and the output works. Save 12 seconds from the magazine putting away a tool it never needed a few thousand times a year it should save a bit of time. About 5 hours a year lol. Guess ill go home early to today!

condition.PNGprecall debug2.PNGprecall debug.PNGcheck_block.PNG

Glenn Balon
Highlighted

Variable for last tool in program?

Legend
Legend

I am attempting to create a check block in post builder. I am looking for a way to define that the tool being used is the last one in the program.

Something similar to ($mom_current_oper_is_last_oper_in_program) for example. Except not for the last operation, but the last tool. 

Glenn Balon
NX CAM Postprocessor Group
NX CAM Postprocessor Group

Members (122)