Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Webinar post processing 2019 - Session 01 Introduction

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hello community,

thank you for joining the 1st session in the webinar series. You will find both of the sessions (Asia/ Europe and America/ Europe) below. The content is very similiar beside of the last 10minutes for open discussions and Q&A. Unfortunately I forget to press the recording button for the first 2min of the America/ Europe session and re-recorded this. Please remember me the next session if I don't start the recording Smiley Wink.

Additional on that thank you all for the valueable feedback in the survey. At the end of this article you will find the results and some comments from my side to additional comments.

Slides from this session are attached to the article.

Feel free to add comments in this thread belongs the first session.

Asia/ Europe session 22th february 2019 (no sound 17:33-18:24)

(view in My Videos)

America/ Europe session 22th february 2019

(view in My Videos)

Survey results

Q1:

Q1_Session_1.png

Q2:

Q2_graph_answeroptions.png

Q3:

Q3_Session_1.png

Other comments from survey with comments from my side

Q/comment: Can you also brief about what portion of source code is encrypted (what can a user override and what is not allowed). 
I am from ... and as you might know we override/control many of the event handlers from OOTB post builder.

similiar Q/comment: also need clarification on layer strategy.
similiar Q/comment: MTB best practice

A: That is a good point for one of the next session when talking about best practice layer. In short, everything can be overwritten. It's not recommend to overwrite the native MOM event like MOM_start_of_path because this can break the library mechanism. But to control this we have additional functionality to extend those events or jump in those events. Additional on that to control the full event we have the corresponding event in the controller layer, e.g. MOM_start_of_path_LIB. This one is called in the normal event and contains the logic how to output the things, like MOM_do_template etc.

Q: Tools for converting or opening Post Builder post(s) in Post Configurator as a migration tool.

A: Currently no tool available. I think it might be possible for machine tools up to 5axis to have such a tool. The problem is how to detect all the customization in Tcl and placed it on the correct location in Post Configurator. I will follow-up this question in the next session as a topic.

Q/comment: I have never used Post Configurator because I never had time to deep dive more to it. 
I had a bit strange feeling during the presentation. Because you started from real basic how the postprocessing works and than you
immediatelly jump to quite advanced things such chains and multi-channel machines.

Of course it depends what kind of machines any particular programmer takes care. For me it would be better to start from any basics in Post Configurator and any best practics let's say.

Q/comment: It was not easy for me to follow the chain & detailed setting relationships.
This is because I was not quite sure about the machine kinematics.
If you could show machine picture with each chain, required command for that chain before doing each settings, that would help me to understand better.
I hope you understand that the visual information helps, but the dialog texts in the Post Configurator is not easy to follow.

Q/comment: More in depth content

Q/comment: I think the format is good.

A: I think those four comments showing how difficult it is to have an effective 1h webinar session Smiley Happy. I agree to the people who saying never dealed with the application before and directly going in detail so fast. On the other side also people joined who have a lot of experience and want to know more detailed information. So the approach is to give everybody a value of those events. As I said in the beginning those webinars will not replace a technical training/ workshop for the application. May in preparation for the next session a good starting point is to take a look in the Tech tips session in the NX CAM Postprocessor group. I will upload also the latest trainings material for everyone.

Conclusion:

Thank you for your valueable feedback and participation. I hope you will join next session again.

Based on your feedback the next session will include:

• Post Builder and Post Configurator Future/ Roadmap/ Advantages and Disadvantages
  • Best practice Layer structure

If you have an amazing topic you want to present to the community in the next session please contact me timely.

Let's start to drive the future of post processing in NX CAM together!

Best regards

Thomas Jenensch

Highlighted

Webinar post processing 2019 - Session 01 Introduction

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hello community,

thank you for joining the 1st session in the webinar series. You will find both of the sessions (Asia/ Europe and America/ Europe) below. The content is very similiar beside of the last 10minutes for open discussions and Q&A. Unfortunately I forget to press the recording button for the first 2min of the America/ Europe session and re-recorded this. Please remember me the next session if I don't start the recording Smiley Wink.

Additional on that thank you all for the valueable feedback in the survey. At the end of this article you will find the results and some comments from my side to additional comments.

Slides from this session are attached to the article.

Feel free to add comments in this thread belongs the first session.

Asia/ Europe session 22th february 2019 (no sound 17:33-18:24)

(view in My Videos)

America/ Europe session 22th february 2019

(view in My Videos)

Survey results

Q1:

Q1_Session_1.png

Q2:

Q2_graph_answeroptions.png

Q3:

Q3_Session_1.png

Other comments from survey with comments from my side

Q/comment: Can you also brief about what portion of source code is encrypted (what can a user override and what is not allowed). 
I am from ... and as you might know we override/control many of the event handlers from OOTB post builder.

similiar Q/comment: also need clarification on layer strategy.
similiar Q/comment: MTB best practice

A: That is a good point for one of the next session when talking about best practice layer. In short, everything can be overwritten. It's not recommend to overwrite the native MOM event like MOM_start_of_path because this can break the library mechanism. But to control this we have additional functionality to extend those events or jump in those events. Additional on that to control the full event we have the corresponding event in the controller layer, e.g. MOM_start_of_path_LIB. This one is called in the normal event and contains the logic how to output the things, like MOM_do_template etc.

Q: Tools for converting or opening Post Builder post(s) in Post Configurator as a migration tool.

A: Currently no tool available. I think it might be possible for machine tools up to 5axis to have such a tool. The problem is how to detect all the customization in Tcl and placed it on the correct location in Post Configurator. I will follow-up this question in the next session as a topic.

Q/comment: I have never used Post Configurator because I never had time to deep dive more to it. 
I had a bit strange feeling during the presentation. Because you started from real basic how the postprocessing works and than you
immediatelly jump to quite advanced things such chains and multi-channel machines.

Of course it depends what kind of machines any particular programmer takes care. For me it would be better to start from any basics in Post Configurator and any best practics let's say.

Q/comment: It was not easy for me to follow the chain & detailed setting relationships.
This is because I was not quite sure about the machine kinematics.
If you could show machine picture with each chain, required command for that chain before doing each settings, that would help me to understand better.
I hope you understand that the visual information helps, but the dialog texts in the Post Configurator is not easy to follow.

Q/comment: More in depth content

Q/comment: I think the format is good.

A: I think those four comments showing how difficult it is to have an effective 1h webinar session Smiley Happy. I agree to the people who saying never dealed with the application before and directly going in detail so fast. On the other side also people joined who have a lot of experience and want to know more detailed information. So the approach is to give everybody a value of those events. As I said in the beginning those webinars will not replace a technical training/ workshop for the application. May in preparation for the next session a good starting point is to take a look in the Tech tips session in the NX CAM Postprocessor group. I will upload also the latest trainings material for everyone.

Conclusion:

Thank you for your valueable feedback and participation. I hope you will join next session again.

Based on your feedback the next session will include:

• Post Builder and Post Configurator Future/ Roadmap/ Advantages and Disadvantages
  • Best practice Layer structure

If you have an amazing topic you want to present to the community in the next session please contact me timely.

Let's start to drive the future of post processing in NX CAM together!

Best regards

Thomas Jenensch

NX CAM Postprocessor Group
NX CAM Postprocessor Group

Members (201)