Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what value in NX control the value of mom_siemens_cycle_amode in post configurator?

Genius
Genius

what value in NX control the value of mom_siemens_cycle_amode in post configurator?Capture.JPG

5 REPLIES

Re: what value in NX control the value of mom_siemens_cycle_amode in post configurator?

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hello,

it's controlled by the spindle direction (mom_spindle_direction) in the Feeds and speeds dialog. Thru this you get the thread direction of rotation right/left.

Best regards

Thomas

Re: what value in NX control the value of mom_siemens_cycle_amode in post configurator?

Genius
Genius
No, I tried different direction in feeds and speeds it always output 1000

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

These cycles and parameters are in manual with description, etc, for 100%.

Just download some, make cup of tea and study.

One for example, this is what I use:

MCALL CYCLE84(161.,150.,2.5,,21.1547,2.,5,,1.5,5,650.,650.,0,1,0,0,5,1.4,,,,,1001,2001001)

(dont ask me what is what and why ...  Smiley Very Happy )

There is a bunch of bits, and each place changes with different setting of the cycle, such complicated cycle construction. If this parameters/values you generate dont match with real solution on machine control - it could be some syntax error.

So I just make these bits number hardcoded - just copied working cycle, change technological parameters, because for me it was neverending to get 100% fully working cycle (what you set in nx - see in cycle and working.)

You know, It was some years ago, today my approach could be different.

I spent too much time with it, it was time to go on, I had lots of work on other projects.

Normally other controls wants only technological values, depth,clearance, pitch, etc / heidenhain or fanuc, simple,done.

---------------------------------------------
#♫ PB, 5ax, itnc, nx, vericut ♫ #

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hello @SeanHAI,

one additional remark: It depends also how the thread was created in modeling. So if the hole is modeled with right Handed than an additional mom-variable is available, named mom_cycle_thread_right_handed. If that is true the output will be 1000. If this variable not exists, e.g. because it's a simple hole or imported from other CAD systems the mom_spindle_direction will be used.

Modeling:

thread__0_modeling.png

Review Tool:

thread_1_review.jpg

CAM:

thread_2_cam.jpg

Best regards

Thomas

Highlighted

Genius
Genius

Thanks a lot

what value in NX control the value of mom_siemens_cycle_amode in post configurator?

Genius
Genius

what value in NX control the value of mom_siemens_cycle_amode in post configurator?Capture.JPG

NX CAM Postprocessor Group
NX CAM Postprocessor Group

Members (131)